Working as a research fellow in a humanitarian supply chain management project for Syrian refugees in Turkey.
Responsible for developing optimisation and system dynamics model in logistics in collaboration with a group of researchers in Turkey and in the UK.
Additionally, he has few teaching duties regarding supply chain management and master students internship supervision.
- 2008-2010: Logistics and Supply chain analyst in IKCO (Automotive manufacturer, Iran)
- 2010-2015: Teacher and Research Assistant in Bilkent University (Turkey)
- 2015-2016: Research Fellow in Southampton Business School (UK)
- 2016-2017: Assistant Professor in Istanbul Bilgi University (Turkey)
- 2017-2018: Visiting Researcher in University of Tabriz (Iran)
- Optimisation (Mixed integer, Nonlinear, Heuristics)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Production planning
Ongoing collaboration and research activities in University of Tabriz, Iran.
Sponsors and collaborators
- Kian, R., Gürler, Ü., & Berk, E. (2014). The dynamic lot-sizing problem with convex economic production costs and setups. International Journal of Production Economics, 155, 361-379.
- Rabbani, M., Ahmadi, G., & Kian, R. (2009, July). A new comprehensive framework for ranking accepted orders and supplier selection in make-to-order environments. In Computers & Industrial Engineering, 2009. CIE 2009. International Conference on(pp. 919-924). IEEE.
- Kian, R., & Kargar, K. (2016). Comparison of the formulations for a hub-and-spoke network design problem under congestion. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 101, 504-512.
- Kian, R., Berk, E., & Gürler, Ü. (2014). An integrated replenishment and Transportation Model. Global Logistics Management, 271.
- Einian, M., & Kian, R. Control Limits for Changepoint Method Using Neural Networks. [https://www.researchgate.net/publication/324452816]
- Nahr, J. G., Kian, R., & Rezazadeh, H. A modified priority-based encoding for design of a closed-loop supply chain network using a discrete league championship algorithm. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Volume 2018, Article ID 8163927, 16 pages
- Kian R., Bektas, T., & Ouelhadj J.(2018) Optimal spare parts management for vessel maintenance scheduling. Annals of Operations Research (Accepted, In press)
- Kian, R., Berk, E., & Gürler, Ü. On the exact number of rotated cone constraints for conic quadratic reformulation of a power function. Operations Research Letters (submitted)
- Sabet, E., Yazdani B., Kian, R.,A strategic and global manufacturing capacity management optimisation model:A Scenario-based multi-stage stochastic programming approach. Omega (submitted)