- Working as a Lecturer in Operation Management and Logistics.
- Responsible for delivering courses and supervision of PhD and Master students research projects.
- Conduction in collaborative research projects.
- 2019-now: Lecturer in Operations Management and Logistics
- 2018-2019: Research Fellow in Nottingham Trent University (UK)
- 2017-2019: Visiting Researcher in University of Tabriz (Iran)
- 2016-2017: Assistant Professor in Istanbul Bilgi University (Turkey)
- 2015-2016: Research Fellow in Southampton Business School (UK)
- 2010-2015: Teacher and Research Assistant in Bilkent University (Turkey)
- 2008-2010: Logistics and Supply chain analyst in IKCO (Automotive manufacturer, Iran)
- Optimisation (Mixed integer, Nonlinear, Heuristics)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Production planning
Ongoing collaboration on research with overseas universities.
- Kian, R., Berk, E., & Gürler, Ü. (2019). Minimal conic quadratic reformulations and an optimization model. Operations Research Letters,47(6), 489-493.
- Ghahremani-Nahr, J., Kian, R., & Sabet, E. (2019). A robust fuzzy mathematical programming model for the closed-loop supply chain network design and a whale optimization solution algorithm. Expert Systems with Applications, 116, 454-471.
- Sabet, E., Yazdani, B., Kian, R., & Galanakis, K. (2019). A strategic and global manufacturing capacity management optimisation model: A scenario-based multi-stage stochastic programming approach. Omega.
- Kian, R., Bektaş, T., & Ouelhadj, D. (2019). Optimal spare parts management for vessel maintenance scheduling. Annals of operations research, 272(1-2), 323-353.
- Allahi, F., De Leeuw, S., Sabet, E., Kian, R., Damiani, L., Giribone, P., ... & Cianci, R. (2018). A review of system dynamics models applied in social and humanitarian research.
- Ghahremani Nahr, J., Kian, R., & Rezazadeh, H. (2018). A modified priority-based encoding for design of a closed-loop supply chain network using a discrete league championship algorithm. Mathematical Problems in Engineering, 2018.
- Kian, R., & Kargar, K. (2016). Comparison of the formulations for a hub-and-spoke network design problem under congestion. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 101, 504-512.
- Kian, R., Berk, E., & Gürler, Ü. (2014). An Integrated Replenishment and Transportation Model. Global Logistics Management, CRC Press (pp. 795-814).
- Kian, R., Gürler, Ü., & Berk, E. (2014). The dynamic lot-sizing problem with convex economic production costs and setups. International Journal of Production Economics, 155, 361-379.
- Rabbani, M., Ahmadi, G., & Kian, R. (2009, July). A new comprehensive framework for ranking accepted orders and supplier selection in make-to-order environments. In 2009 International Conference on Computers & Industrial Engineering (pp. 919-924). IEEE.