Saeed is a lecturer in Operations and Supply Chain Management. He has received his PhD on System Dynamics modelling of New Product Development processes in automotive industry from Nottingham Business School, Following his Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees in Engineering. Saeed is the module Leader for Enterprise and Business Development – one of the largest undergraduate modules at NBS.
He is also part of teaching teams for Managing the Global Supply Chain module at the undergraduate level, as well as Organization and Management, and Global Supply Chain Management modules at the postgraduate level. In addition, he is supervising business research projects of final year undergraduate students.
Before joining NBS, Saeed has worked at Mapna Co., a leading company in the power generation industry in the Middle East, as the manufacturing technologist, quality manager, and product development team leader for more than 10 years. The managerial challenges he faced during his work, especially inefficiencies, time delays, and quality issues within the manufacturing operations and development projects, and his ambition to combine his practical background with updated theoretical knowledge were among his main motivations for the career change.
- Business process improvement in the manufacturing industry
- Lean Product Development
- Systematic innovation
- Impact of Business Simulation Games in Entrepreneurship Education
- Applications of system dynamics modeling in various managerial and policy contexts.
- MSc project supervisor at Warwick manufacturing Group (WMG)
- Professional membership in System Dynamics society
- Professional membership in the Operational Research Society
- Professional membership in European Operations Management Association
Course(s) I teach on