Dr Taylor teaches English and Creative Writing. He teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate students and is part of the supervisory team for two PhD creative writing/critical students.
Dr Taylor previously taught at Edge Hill University where he was founder member of the Poetry and Poetics Research Group. He studied for his BA in English and MA in Creative Writing at Edge Hill University. His PhD - thesis title: A Poetry of Place, the Flâneur and Adrian Henri - was awarded by Lancaster University.
Dr Taylor's recent research has been into the work and practice of the Liverpool poet and artist Adrian Henri. Other research interests include experimental poetry; ‘linguistically innovative’ poetry, poetics, conceptual writing and the Beat Generation. The role of collage in creative practice, practice as research and the poetry and writings of Welsh poet Peter Finch.
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil/PhD exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
- 15.11.13-5.2.14. Taylor A, Very Small Kitchen (forthcoming)
- Liverpool Warehousing Co. Ltd. Taylor A, Like this Press (forthcoming)
- Radio Mast Horizon . Taylor A, 2013, Shearsman Books
- The Lights Will Inspire You . Taylor A, 2011, Full of Crow Press (USA)
- The Sound of Light Aircraft . Taylor A, 2011, Knives Forks and Spoons Press
- Make Some Noise . Taylor A, 2009, Original Press
- And the Weary are at Rest . Taylor A, 2008, Sunnyoutside Press (USA)
- In the Company of Ghosts, the Poetics of the Motorway . Chell E and Taylor A, 2012, erbacce-press