Angela is Employability Manager and Principal Lecturer in the School of Social Sciences, working with Nottingham Institute of Education. She helps to shape the strategic direction of employability across the School and supports academic colleagues to integrate employability, including work based learning and placement activities into the curriculum.
Angela also teaches on the BA in Youth Studies and the MA in Career Development in the Department of Sociology. She is also Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, and a member of AGCAS, CDI and the Institute of Youth Work.
Angela has extensive experience as a professional practitioner working with young people. Prior to joining the Division, Angela was employed as the University's Employability Development Adviser where she had responsibility for facilitating the design and delivery of career education into the undergraduate curriculum across the University.
Angela's research interests include:
- a historical perspective on service developments for young people
- study skills
- young people's experiences of learning
- career education in the curriculum.
- Member of the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy