Amin is a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in software engineering. He is also the leader of Advanced analysis and design and foundations of computing & technology modules. He has broad research interests on Software Engineering, including: testing object oriented software, Design Patterns, Advanced architectural design and Agile mythologies.
- Software Project Manager
- ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) Analyst/ Software Engineer
- Network and Systems Department Manager
- Senior software developer & Oracle database administrator
- Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) consultant, Freelance.
- Editorial Board Member, Author, Network Magazine.
- Data warehousing and OLAP tools e.g. Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) for ETL process and Oracle Warehouse builder (OWB), AWM for data cube design.
- Embedded systems for traffic management. i.e. embedded ALPR camera.
- Designing, development and administration of surveillance systems e.g. Genetec Security System (GSS)
- Designing and developing IOT (Internet of Things), AI (Artificial Intelligence) and Deep Learning Algorithms.
- Data acquisition, and data processing software, utilising design patterns, OOP, TDD, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) and Entity Framework, using Phyton, C# .NET 4.5, WPF, Oracle, SQLite, SQL Server, and other products as required like bug tracking systems, source/version control systems, throughout the software delivery life cycle
Incorporating negentropy in saliency based search free car number plate localization - publication date: 2016, publication description :Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
Real-time search-free multiple license plate recognition via likelihood estimation of saliency - publication date: 2016, publication description :Computers and Electrical Engineering
Robust search-free car number plate localization incorporating hierarchical saliency - publication date: 2016, publication description :Journal of Computer Science and Systems Biology
Search-free license plate localization based on saliency and local variance estimation - publication date: Nov 10, 2014, publication description :SPIESee all of Amin Safaei's publications...
Course(s) I teach on