Emma Bostock is a Research Associate in the School of Science & Technology.
Dr Bostock completed her BSc at the University of Birmingham and her MSc at Loughborough University. She completed her PhD at Manchester Metropolitan University before going on to a Research Associate post at the University of Birmingham. Dr Bostock then worked as a Research Associate at Manchester Metropolitan University for over two years before starting her current role at NTU as a Research Associate.
PhD: The effects of disuse atrophy on musculoskeletal health and the use of nutritional interventions to combat muscle loss.
Research Associate at University of Birmingham: The acute effects of sitting time on physiological, psychological, and cognitive parameters in older adults.
Research Associate at Manchester Metropolitan University: The neuromuscular, psychological and gait adaptations with resistance training in muscular dystrophy and glucose tolerance in muscular dystrophy.
Research Associate at Nottingham Trent University: Resistance training in postpartum women.
1. Jacques MF, Stockley R, Bostock EL, Smith J, DeGoede CG and Morse CI. Frequency of reported pain in adult males with muscular dystrophy. Muscle Nerve. 2018. doi 10.1002/mus.26146
2. Bostock EL, Edwards BT, Jacques MF, Reeves ND, Onambélé-Pearson GL and Morse CI. Impaired glucose tolerance in adults with Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy. Nutrients. 2018. doi:10.3390/nu10121947
3. Morse CI, Bostock EL, Twiss HM, Kapp LH, Orme P, Jacques MF. The cardiorespiratory response and physiological determinants of the assisted 6-minute handbike cycle test in adult males with muscular dystrophy. Muscle Nerve. 2018. doi: 10.1002/mus.26146
4. Onambélé-Pearson GL, Bostock EL, Morse CI, Winwood K, McEwan I, Stewart C. Chapter 1: Sedentarism and The Endocrino-Metabolic System. In Sedentary Lifestyle, Health Risks and Physiological Implications. (Ed) Ahmad Alkhatib. Nov Science Publishers, New York. 2016.
5. Bostock EL, Morse CI, Winwood K, McEwan I, Onambélé-Pearson GL. Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D in immobilisation: Part A- Modulation of appendicular mass content, composition and structure. J Nutr Health Aging. 2016.
6. Bostock EL, Morse CI, Winwood K, McEwan I, Onambélé-Pearson GL. Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D in immobilisation: Part B- Modulation of muscle functional, vascular and activation profiles. J Nutr Health Aging. 2016.
7. Bostock EL, Morse CI, Winwood K, McEwan I, Onambélé-Pearson GL. Hypo-activity induced skeletal muscle atrophy and potential nutritional interventions: A review. World J Transl Med. 2013.
8. Bostock EL, Pheasey CM, Morse CI, Winwood K, Onambélé-Pearson GL. Effects of essential amino acid supplementation on muscular adaptations to 3 weeks of combined unilateral glenohumeral & radiohumeral joints immobilisation. J Athl Enhancement. 2013See all of Emma Bostock's publications...