Dr Fouzia Ouali is Course Leader and Admission Tutor for the MRes Medical and Materials Imaging masters.
She is Module Leader for:
- Matter: Evidence for Quantisation (PHYS12113)
- Workshop (PHYS12622)
- The Quantum World (PHYS22111)
- MRes Research project (PHYS49622)
She also teaches on the following modules:
- Advanced Modern Physics (PHYS32162)
- Medical Imaging (PHYS32521/PHYS42522)
Dr Ouali obtained a PhD in Physics from the University of Nottingham.
Previous academic and industrial positions:
- Senior Scientist, Bookham Technology (Formally known as Marconi Optical Components)
- Lecturer in Physics, School of Physics and Astronomy, The University of Nottingham
- Research Fellow, School of Physics and Astronomy, The University of Nottingham
Research into wetting phenomena and capillarity. Areas of interest include:
- Evaporation of liquid droplets and ring stain deposits
- Capillary flow in micro-channels
- Colloidal Self-Assembly
- Capillary Origami
In addition, Dr Ouali has an extensive experience, both academic and industrial, in the physics, optical properties and technology of III-V semiconductor devices including photonic devices, resonant tunnelling diodes, superlattices and high mobility transistors.
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil/PhD exist in all the areas identified above and in associated interdisciplinary areas. Further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
- Committee Member of Quantum Electronics and Photonics group of the Institute of Physics (2002-2004)
- Committee Member of Semiconductor Physics group of the Institute of Physics (2001-2004)
- Member of Institute of Physics (1992-present)
- Chartered Physicist (1992-present)
- Wetting considerations in capillary rise and imbibition in closed square tubes and open rectangular cross-sections channels. Ouali FF, McHale G, Javed H, Trabi C, Shirtcliffe NJ and Newton MI, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2013, 15 (3), 309
- Capillary origami and superhydrophobic membrane surfaces. Geraldi NR, Ouali FF, Morris RH, McHale G, Newton MI, Applied Physics Letters, 2013, 102, 214101
- Determination of the physical properties of room temperature ionic liquids using a love wave device. Ouali FF, Doy N, McHale G, Hardacre C, Ge R, Allen RWK, MacInnes JM, Newton MI, Analytical Chemistry, 2011, 83 (17), 6717
- Establishing MOVPE growth of InAs/GaAs quantum dots in a commercial 8×3" multiwafer reactor for optoelectronic applications Drouot V, Beanland R, Button CC, Wang XY, David JPR, Ouali FF and Holden AJ, Inst. Phys. Conf. Ser, 2003, 180, 107
- Acoustic Phonon assisted Tunnelling in GaAs/AlAs superlattices. Cavill SA, Challis LJ, Kent AJ, Ouali FF, Akimov AV and Henini M, Phys. Rev. B, 2002, 66, 235320
- Frequency dependence acoustic phonon assisted tunnelling in semiconductor superlattices. Cavill SA, Challis LJ, Akimov AV, Ouali FF, Kent AJ and Henini M, Physica B, 2002, 316, 209-211
For full list click 'Go to Fouzia Ouali's publications' link above.See all of Fouzia Ouali's publications...