Dr Robinson is the Module Leader for Systems Programming, Systems Technology & Network Design & Administrations computing modules and the Technology strand leader for the Foundations of Computing & Technology module. Additionally, he is part of the module team for Systems Software. Dr Robinson is also the Level 2 Systems Year Tutor.
Dr Robinson worked in Industry for a number of years before returning to Academia. Before joining NTU, he completed a Doctorate and a Post-Doctoral Research position at Sussex University.
Dr Robinson is a member of the Computational Intelligence and Applications Research Group (CIA) and the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN).
Dr Robinson has previously worked on two large research projects. During his doctoral studies he worked on the Natural Habitats project at Sussex University.
Dr Robinson's research interests have included looking at designing and building new service composition systems for pervasive computing environments. This entailed designing and implementing middleware systems and new service composition languages to construct dynamic re-configurable services.
During Dr Robinson's post-doc he worked on the Pervasive Computing for Market Trading (UTIFORO) project at Sussex University. This was a collaborative project with Kings College London, University College London and Southampton University. His area of research looked at designing and implementing trust based middleware systems to help form trust between two parties. This resulted in deploying an infrastructure and software systems for a trust based augmented reality system and then a mobile version for phones for aiding in building trust at farmers markets.
Dr Robinson is currently investigating languages and middleware's for power consumption systems for monitoring and controlling intelligent environments.
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
- Deploying pervasive advertising in a farmers' market. Robinson J, Wakeman I, Light A, Chalmers D and Basu A, in Pervasive Marketing, 2011, Springer, London.
- Chutney and relish: designing to augment the experience of shopping at a farmers' market. Light A, Wakeman l, Robinson J, Basu A, Chalmers D, Proceedings of OzCHI, QUT, 2010, Brisbane, Australia
- Trust and the internet of things. Robinson J, Wakeman I, Chalmers D, Horsfall B, Proceedings of the International Workshop on Trusted Communications in Decentralised Computing, 2010, Morioka, Japan
- Bringing the virtual to the farmers' market: designing for trust in pervasive computing systems. Wakeman I, Light A, Robinson J, Chalmers D, Basu A, Proceedings of the Fourth IFIPTM International Conference on Trust Management, 2010, Morioka, Japan
- Deploying ubiquitous computing applications in a farmers' market. Wakeman I, Light A, Robinson J, Chalmers D, Basu A, In Proceedings of Pervasive Advertising & Shopping, 2010, Helsinki, Finland
- The north laine shopping guide: a case study in modelling trust in applications. Robinson J, Wakeman I, Chalmers D & Basu A in proceedings of Joint iTrust and PST Conference on Privacy, Trust Management and Security (IFIPTM 2008) Trondheim, Norway
- Composing software services in the pervasive computing environment: languages or APIs? Robinson J, Wakeman I & Chalmers D, Journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, 2008, 4 (4)
- Middleware for service composition in pervasive computing. Robinson J, Wakeman I & Owen T Scooby, The 2nd International Workshop on Middleware for Pervasive and Ad-Hoc Computing, 2004, Toronto, Canada
For full list click 'Go to Jon Robinson's publications' link above.See all of Jon Robinson's publications...