Dr Owa is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computing and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom. He is a Fellow of the UK Higher Education Academy, (FHEA-UK), a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Professional association, and a Member of the British Computer Society, (MBCS-UK).
Dr. Owa is also the Leader of the following modules at the university:
- System Programming: Python Programming
- Distributed Database Engineering Systems
- Machine Learning for Data Science
He is a tutor for the following modules at the university:
- Software Design and Implementation: C++ Programming
- Foundations of Computing Technology and Programming
- Data Analysis and Business Organisation (Business Intelligence)
- Network Design and Administration
- Deriving Value from Data Analytics
Dr. Owa has over 24 years of experience. He has expertise in diverse areas such as Software Engineering, System programming, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Neural networks, Bioinformatics, Statistics on Biological data, Modelling, Data Analytics, Soft-Computing, Nonlinear Model predictive control (NMPC) strategy, Big Data Scientist (Apache Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL, MapReduce, Yarn), Probabilistic modeling, Predictive analytics, Soft Computing (Metaheuristic & Evolutionary algorithms (Neural Network, Genetic Algorithm, Particle Swarm Optimization), Networking, Security, Forensic, Mathematics, and Business Intelligence.
He is currently supervising students in the following areas and topics:
- Data Science Project in terms of Text Mining of COVID-19.,
- Data deduplication on Hadoop/spark Big data framework.
- Integration of IoT systems in smart buildings and its impact on project management principles.
- Risks and Fraud in Automobile Industry.
- Implementation of Cloud Computing in Banks (Banking As A Service (BAAS) model) in developing countries with a keen interest in Open Banking Technology.
He has supervised students in the following areas and topics:
- An online web-based system for Rail Tickets Booking System Across Gulf (RTBSAG) countries.
- Dynamic website for locating suitable charging points for electrical cars.
- Smart car parking system booking app on a mobile phone. (Mobile App Development).
- Biometric Attendance System.
- The exploitation of small organizations via APT phishing attacks (an open-source security tool).
- Predictive calendar for releases of products: An exclusive sneaker as a case study.
- Mobile application Journal to document daily activities.
- Distributed Identity Platform using Blockchain.
Self-funded Ph.D. opportunities.
There are opportunities for you to be considered for a self-funded Ph.D. here at NTU.
Contact me at email@example.com if you are interested in Ph.D. research in the following areas/domains:
Hadoop/Spark, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Distributed database strategies, Kubernetes, Ontology, Forecasting/Predictive, and Control optimisation strategies.
Follow the NTU link below to make your Ph.D. application.
- EP/K014137/1. £1.9M as Optimisation Expert, Adaptive Informatics for Intelligent Manufacturing (AI2M) at Loughborough University, United Kingdom.
- EU OPTIMISED Project 680515 (7 Million Euros): OPTIMISED is a 10-party, 3 year, fully EU-funded consortium project, made up of SME’s, large companies and research institutions from across the EU. The ‘Optimised’ project name is a descriptive acronym for what the project will deliver: “Operational Planning Tool Interfacing Manufacturing Integrated Simulations with Empirical Data” at Nottingham University, United Kingdom.
Google Scholar link:
Research Gate link:
Semantic Scholar link: