Dr Owa is a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer at the Department of Computing and Technology, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom. He is an associate Fellow, Higher Education Academy, (AFHEA-UK), a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Professional association and a Member of the British Computer Society, (MBCS-UK).
Dr. Owa is also the Leader for the following modules at the university:
- System Programming: Python Programming
- Distributed Database Engineering Systems
- Network Design and Administration
He is a tutor for the following modules at the university:
- Software Design and Implementation: C++ Programming
- Foundations of Computing Technology and Programming
- Data Analysis and Business Organisation (Business Intelligence) - Degree Apprenticeship
Dr. Owa has over 21 years of experience. He has expertise in diverse areas such as Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Neural networks, Modelling, Data Analytics, Soft-computing, Nonlinear Model predictive control (NMPC) strategy, Assembly Automation and Control, Big Data/Data Science/Data Training, probabilistic modelling, Predictive analytics, Soft Computing: Metaheuristic/Evolutionary algorithms (Neural network, genetic algorithm, particle swarm optimization), Networking, Security, Forensic, Mathematics and Business Intelligence.
He is currently supervising students in the following areas and topics:
- An online web-based system for Rail Tickets Booking System Across Gulf (RTBSAG) countries.
- Dynamic website for locating suitable charging points for electrical cars.
- Smart car parking system booking app on mobile phone. (Mobile App Development).
- Biometric Attendance System.
- Exploitation of small organizations via APT phishing attacks (an open-source security tool).
- Predictive calendar for releases of products: An exclusive sneaker as a case study.
- Mobile application Journal to document daily activities.
- Distributed Identity Platform using Blockchain.
- EP/K014137/1. £1.9M as Optimisation Expert, Adaptive Informatics for Intelligent Manufacturing (AI2M) at Loughborough University, United Kingdom.
- EU OPTIMISED Project 680515 (7 Million Euros): OPTIMISED is a 10-party, 3 year, fully EU-funded consortium project, made up of SME’s, large companies and research institutions from across the EU. The ‘Optimised’ project name is a descriptive acronym for what the project will deliver: “Operational Planning Tool Interfacing Manufacturing Integrated Simulations with Empirical Data” at Nottingham University, United Kingdom.
Google Scholar link:
Research Gate link:
Semantic Scholar link:See all of Kayode Owa's publications...