Senior lecturer in Biomedical Engineering
Coordinator of Open Days in Department of Engineering
Dr Gao’s research interest is focused on numerical modelling in tribology and biotribology with application of human joint implants and industrial tribological components.
- Liu D, Jiang J, Wang L, Liu J, Jin Z, Gao L, Hua Y, Cai Z, Hua Z. In vitro experimental and numerical study on biomechanics and stability of a novel adjustable hemipelvic prosthesis.Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials* 2018 (90): 626-634.
- Gao L, Hua Z and Hewson RW. Can a “pre-worn” bearing surface geometry reduce the wear of hip replacements?Wear* 2018 (406-407): 13-21.
- Gao L, Hua Z, Hewson RW, Andersen MS, and Jin Z. Wear Modelling of the Knee Joint Replacements with Surface Topography . Biosurface and Biotribology. 2018 (4): 1-6.
- de Boer, GN, Gao L, Hewson, RW, Thompson HM. Heterogeneous multiscale methods for modelling surface topography in EHL line contacts. Tribology International*, 2017 (113): 262-278.
- Gao L, Dowson D and Hewson RW. Predictive Wear modelling of the metal-on-metal hip replacements. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B Applied Biomaterials, 2017 (105): 497-506.
Area of expertise: Business / Careers / Education / Higher Education/Universities / Internet/Online / Marketing / Media / Public sector / Relationships / Sustainability