Dr. Omprakash Kaiwartya is a Senior Lecturer and Course Leader for MSc Engineering (Cybernetics & Communication), and MSc Engineering (Electronics). He is teaching Embedded Systems (MSc), Internet Technology (BSc), Group Design Projects (MSc) modules in this academic year 2019-20.
More details about his research, publication, and project activities are available here at https://omprakash.co.uk/.
Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Omprakash was a Research Associate (equivalent to Senior Lecturer) at the Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK, in 2017, a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (equivalent to Lecturer) at the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia, in 2015-16 and a PhD Research Scholar at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, in 2010-15.
- Research Associate (equivalent to Senior Lecturer), gLINK project, Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK, 2017.
Department of Computer and Information Sciences, Northumbria University, UK since August 2017-March 2018.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Equivalent to Lecturer), FRGS project, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), 2015-16.
Faculty of Computing, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) from July 2015 to July 2017
- Research Scholar, RGNF scholarship, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, 2010-15.
School of Computer and Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, July 2010 to June 2015.
Dr. Omprakash Kaiwartya's current research interest focuses on the following areas in the Connected Environment.
- Drone enabled Networking (Drone)
- E-Mobility centric Electric Vehicles (EV)
- IoT centric Smart Services
- Connected Vehicles
- Next Generation Wireless Systems
More details about his current research, publications and project activities are available at https://omprakash.co.uk/
- IET Intelligent Transport System (Q2) (link)
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal (Q1) (link)
- Springer, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communication and Networking (Q3) (link)
- MDPI Sensors (Q1) (link) and Electronics (Q2) (link)
- Ad-Hoc and Sensor Wireless Networks (link)
- Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (link)
- MDPI, Sensors: Physical Layer Security for Sensor Enabled Heterogeneous Networks
- MDPI, Electronics: Vehicular Networks and Communications
- Wiley, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (ETT): Drone Enabled Internet of Connected Vehicles
- Wiley Hindawi, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing: Recent Trends and Challenges in Fog/Edge Computing for IoT
- IEEE, Internet of Things Journal: Towards Securing Internet of Connected Vehicles from Virtual Vehicle Hijacking,
- IEEE, Access: Towards Service Centric IoT: From Modelling to Practice
- MDPI, Sensors: Sensors for Green Computing
- MDPI, Electronics: Vehicular Networks and Communications
- Hindawi, Journal of Computer Networks and Communications: Green Computing Technologies: Energy Efficiency, Energy Utilization, and Energy Conservation in the Internet of Things
Reviewer of IEEE and SCI indexed journals
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2017
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2016
- IEEE Electronics Magazine 2017
- IEEE Sensor Journal, 2016
- IEEE Access, 2016
- IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 2015
- IET Wireless Sensor Systems, 2015
- Elsevier, Ad-hoc Networks, 2015
- Elsevier, Computer Communication, 2017
- Elsevier, Sustainable Cities and Society, 2017
- Elsevier, Computers and Electrical Engineering, 2017
- Elsevier, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2017
- Elsevier, Neurocomputing, 2015
- Wiley, International Journal of Communication Systems, 2017
- Springer, Wireless Personal Communication, 2014
- Springer, Wireless Networks, 2015
- Transaction on Internet and Information Systems, 2015
Sponsors and collaborators
- £120K, Innovate UK supported Postdoctoral research fellow Fund “E-Health Cyber-Physical Systems for Smart Cities”, in collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, 2019-21, Co-PI
- £166K, KTP project with Innovate UK, “Software-Defined Drone Traffic Management Systems”, NTU collaboration with industry partner JMVL ltd London (https://www.jmvl.co.uk/), submitted 2020, PI
- £800K, Transport for Greater Manchester (TFGM) funding “DECIDE: Data-Enabled Connected Infrastructure Development for E-Mobility”, NTU collaboration with industry partner CleanCar (https://cleancar.io/), submitted, 2020, PI
- £900K, SBRI Project call on Clean Road Infrastructure “EV Charging Infrastructure Planning: Vehicular Dynamics and People-centric Optimization for Smart Cities”, NTU collaboration with industry partner Franklin Energy (https://franklinenergy.co.uk/), submitted 2020, PI
- £500K SBRI Project call on Connected Vehicles, “TRACE: Secured Next Generation Self-Managed Inter-Connected Mobility”, NTU collaboration with University College London (UCL) and industry partner DONEEEN (https://donneeen.com/), submitted 2020, PI
- 3.5M EURO, EU ERASMUS Funding “Sustainable Green Economies through Learning Innovation Networking and Knowledge Exchange (gLINK) “, at Northumbria University, UK, 2017-18, Key Researcher
- £75K, [300k RM] Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), UTM Malaysia, “Enhancing Information Dissemination using Geometry based Approach in VANETs for Mobility as a Service (MaaS)”, July 2015-July 2016, Key Researcher
- £50K, [200k RM] Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia Research Grant Scheme, UTM Malaysia, “IoT-Based Scalable Intelligent Central Control System for Nutrient Management in Recirculating Hydroponic Culture”, July 2016-July 2017, Key Researcher
- £25K, [2.5M Rs] Innovation Grant University Project (GUP-II), JNU, India “Green Wireless Communication for IoT”, July 2012-July 2015, Key Researcher
For the complete list and recent publications, please visit at https://omprakash.co.uk/publications/
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Jaime Lloret, et. Al “Geometry-based Localization for GPS Outage in Vehicular Cyber Physical System”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 67(5), 3800-3812, 2018.
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Jaime Lloret, et. al ”Virtualization in Wireless Sensor Networks: Fault Tolerant Embedding for Internet of Things”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 5(2), 571-580, 2017.
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Ayman Altameem, et. al ”Internet of Vehicles: Motivation, Layered Architecture, Network Model, Challenges and Future Aspects”, IEEE Access, 4(1), 5356-5373, 2016.
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Ram Shringar Raw, et. al ”T-MQM: Testbed based Multi-metric Quality Measurement of Sensor Deployment for Precision Agriculture - A Case Study”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 26(23), 8649-8664, 2016.
Y. Cao, Omprakash Kaiwartya, R. Wang, et al. "Towards Efficient, Scalable and Coordinated EV Charging Management”, IEEE Wireless Communication Magazine, 24(2), 66-73, 2017.
Y. Cao, Houbing Song, Omprakash Kaiwartya, “Mobile Edge Computing for Big Data-Enabled Electric Vehicle Charging”, IEEE Communication Magazine, 56(3), 150-156, 2018.
Yue Cao, Xing Zhang, Tong Wang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Mahmoud Hashem Eiza and Ghanim Putrus. “Towards Anycasting-driven Reservation System for Battery Switch-Based Electric Vehicle Charging”, IEEE Systems Journal, 2018. (Online Published)
Reena Kasana, Sushil Kumar, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Nauman Aslam, Jaime Lloret “Fuzzy-based Channel Selection for Location Oriented Services in Multi-channel Vehicular Cyber Physical Environments”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018. (Online Published)
Yue Cao, Chong Han, Xu Zhang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Nauman Aslam and Mehrdad Dianati. “A Trajectory-driven Opportunistic Routing Protocol for Vehicular Cyber-Physical System”. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics, 2018. (Online Published)
Y. Cao, W. Tong, Omprakash Kaiwartya, et al. “An EV Charging Management System Concerning Drivers' Trip Duration And Mobility Uncertainty”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 48(4), 596-607, 2016.
RS Rathore, S. Sangwan, S. Mazumdar, Omprakash Kaiwartya, et al."W-GUN: Whale Optimization for Energy and Delay-Centric Green Underwater Networks" MDPI Sensors, Sensors 2020, 20(5), 1377; https://doi.org/10.3390/s20051377See all of Omprakash Kaiwartya's publications...
Course(s) I teach on