Dr. Omprakash Kaiwartya is a Senior Lecturer and Ph.D. Research Coordinator for Computer Science and Informatics Research Centre in the Department of Computer Science. He is teaching two modules/subjects Embedded Systems (MSc), and Group Design Projects (MSc) in the current academic year.
More details about his research projects, publication, and his team are available here at https://omprakash.co.uk/.
Prior to NTU, Dr. Omprakash was a Research Associate (equivalent to Senior Lecturer) at the Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK, in 2017, a Postdoctoral Research Fellow (equivalent to Lecturer) at the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia, in 2015-16 and a Ph.D. Research Scholar at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, in 2010-15.
- Research Associate (equivalent to Senior Lecturer), Northumbria University, Newcastle, UK, 2017.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Equivalent to Lecturer), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), 2016.
- Ph.D. Research Scholar, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India, 2010-15.
Dr. Omprakash Kaiwartya's current research interest focuses on Cyber Security and Network Systems (CyberNets) with the following research themes:
- Cyber Security
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicles
- Electric Vehicles Charging Networks
- Internet of Things
- Drone Networking
More details about his current research, publications, and project activities are available at https://omprakash.co.uk/
- IET Intelligent Transport System (Q2) (link)
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal (Q1) (link)
- Springer, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communication and Networking (Q3) (link)
- MDPI Sensors (Q1) (link) and Electronics (Q2) (link)
- Ad-Hoc and Sensor Wireless Networks (link)
- Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (link)
- MDPI, Sensors: Physical Layer Security for Sensor Enabled Heterogeneous Networks
- MDPI, Electronics: Vehicular Networks and Communications
- Wiley, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (ETT): Drone Enabled Internet of Connected Vehicles
- Wiley Hindawi, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing: Recent Trends and Challenges in Fog/Edge Computing for IoT
- IEEE, Internet of Things Journal: Towards Securing Internet of Connected Vehicles from Virtual Vehicle Hijacking,
- IEEE, Access: Towards Service Centric IoT: From Modelling to Practice
- MDPI, Sensors: Sensors for Green Computing
- MDPI, Electronics: Vehicular Networks and Communications
- Hindawi, Journal of Computer Networks and Communications: Green Computing Technologies: Energy Efficiency, Energy Utilization, and Energy Conservation in the Internet of Things
Reviewer of IEEE and SCI indexed journals
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2017
- IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2016
- IEEE Electronics Magazine 2017
- IEEE Sensor Journal, 2016
- IEEE Access, 2016
- IET Intelligent Transport Systems, 2015
- IET Wireless Sensor Systems, 2015
- Elsevier, Ad-hoc Networks, 2015
- Elsevier, Computer Communication, 2017
- Elsevier, Sustainable Cities and Society, 2017
- Elsevier, Computers and Electrical Engineering, 2017
- Elsevier, Applied Mathematical Modelling, 2017
- Elsevier, Neurocomputing, 2015
- Wiley, International Journal of Communication Systems, 2017
- Springer, Wireless Personal Communication, 2014
- Springer, Wireless Networks, 2015
- Transaction on Internet and Information Systems, 2015
Sponsors and collaborators
- £100K, “Drive with Confidence: A Safe and Secure Driving System to Mitigate Remote Vehicle Hijacking”, funded by Innovate UK, 2023-24, PI
- £110K, Industrial Partnership Project between Cobac Security Ltd (https://www.cobacsecurity.co.uk/), and NTU, “Cyber Security in Smart EV Charging Network”, 2023-26, PI
- £100K, School Capital Budget Fund, “Aurrigo (https://aurrigo.com/autopod/) Connected and Autonomous Pods”, funded by School of Science and Technology, NTU, 2022-23, PI
- £30K, QR Fund, “LiNET-Visible Light Secure Networking for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles”, funded by CIRC Research Center, B11 UoA, NTU, 2022-23, PI
- £104K, Industrial Partnership Project between JMVL Ltd (https://www.jmvl.co.uk/), and NTU, “Cyber Security in Smart EV Charging Network”, 2022-25, PI
- £25K, Early Career Research Fund, “DroNET-Cyber Security in Drone Enabled Networking”, funded by Department of Computer Science, NTU, 2021-22, PI
- £15K, British Council Seed Fund Project, (UK, and South Africa Collaboration), “F4CJ-Farming for Climate Justice, Solidarity Networks in South Africa, Significance and Role of IoT”, 2021-22, PI (from UK side)
- £120K, Innovate UK supported Postdoctoral research fellow Fund “E-Health Cyber-Physical Systems for Smart Cities”, in collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK, 2019-21, Co-PI
- £480K, “Hybrid Arts: Digitalization of traditional arts for mental health and wellbeing of vulnerable people in CVOID-19 disruptions”, in Collaboration with the University of Derby and MHA (https://www.mha.org.uk/), UKRI COVID-19 call, submitted 25th Nov 2021, Co-PI
- £50K SBRI Project call on Connected Vehicles, “TRACE: Secured Next Generation Self-Managed Inter-Connected Mobility”, NTU collaboration with University College London (UCL) and industry partner DONEEEN (https://donneeen.com/), submitted, PI
For the complete list and recent publications, please visit at https://omprakash.co.uk/publications/
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Jaime Lloret, et. Al “Geometry-based Localization for GPS Outage in Vehicular Cyber Physical System”, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 67(5), 3800-3812, 2018.
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Jaime Lloret, et. al ”Virtualization in Wireless Sensor Networks: Fault Tolerant Embedding for Internet of Things”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 5(2), 571-580, 2017.
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Ayman Altameem, et. al ”Internet of Vehicles: Motivation, Layered Architecture, Network Model, Challenges and Future Aspects”, IEEE Access, 4(1), 5356-5373, 2016.
Omprakash Kaiwartya, Abdul Hanan Abdullah, Yue Cao, Ram Shringar Raw, et. al ”T-MQM: Testbed based Multi-metric Quality Measurement of Sensor Deployment for Precision Agriculture - A Case Study”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 26(23), 8649-8664, 2016.
Y. Cao, Omprakash Kaiwartya, R. Wang, et al. "Towards Efficient, Scalable and Coordinated EV Charging Management”, IEEE Wireless Communication Magazine, 24(2), 66-73, 2017.
Y. Cao, Houbing Song, Omprakash Kaiwartya, “Mobile Edge Computing for Big Data-Enabled Electric Vehicle Charging”, IEEE Communication Magazine, 56(3), 150-156, 2018.
Yue Cao, Xing Zhang, Tong Wang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Mahmoud Hashem Eiza and Ghanim Putrus. “Towards Anycasting-driven Reservation System for Battery Switch-Based Electric Vehicle Charging”, IEEE Systems Journal, 2018. (Online Published)
Reena Kasana, Sushil Kumar, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Nauman Aslam, Jaime Lloret “Fuzzy-based Channel Selection for Location Oriented Services in Multi-channel Vehicular Cyber Physical Environments”, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018. (Online Published)
Yue Cao, Chong Han, Xu Zhang, Omprakash Kaiwartya, Nauman Aslam and Mehrdad Dianati. “A Trajectory-driven Opportunistic Routing Protocol for Vehicular Cyber-Physical System”. IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronics, 2018. (Online Published)
Y. Cao, W. Tong, Omprakash Kaiwartya, et al. “An EV Charging Management System Concerning Drivers' Trip Duration And Mobility Uncertainty”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 48(4), 596-607, 2016.
RS Rathore, S. Sangwan, S. Mazumdar, Omprakash Kaiwartya, et al."W-GUN: Whale Optimization for Energy and Delay-Centric Green Underwater Networks" MDPI Sensors, Sensors 2020, 20(5), 1377; https://doi.org/10.3390/s20051377