Dr Leslie is a Senior Lecturer at NTU involved in teaching organic chemistry from first year degree through to post-graduate.
- PhD- Jesus College, Cambridge
- PDRA- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Ohio
- Lecturer- University of Central Lancs
Dr Leslie's past research has included:
- developing new strategies for the synthesis of complex oligosaccharides
- a new chiral auxiliary for asymmetric radical additions
- the development of chemical and electrochemical methods for measuring thiols in plasma.
His current research is in developing ‘Neighbouring group direction’ as a method for stereoselective glycosylation
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
- Synthesis of Ethyl Nalidixate: A Medicinal Chemistry Experiment. Leslie R, Leeb E, Smith RB, Journal of Chemical Education 2012, 89, 144
- A disposable sensor for point of care wound pH monitoring. Phair J, Newton L, McCormac C, Cardosi MF, Leslie R, Davis J, Analyst, 2011, 136(22), 4692
- Plumbagin: a New Route to the Electroanalytical Determination of Cystine. Damle MS, Newton LAA, Villalba MM, Leslie R, Davis J, Electroanalysis, 2010, 22, 2491
- Plumbagin: A natural product for smart materials? Newton LAA, Cowham E, Sharp D, Leslie R, Davis J, New Journal of Chemistry, 2010, 34, 395
- Dimethyl-substituted pyrroles: A new approach to protective polymers. Newton LAA, Sing US, Leslie R, Davis J, Electrochemistry Communications, 2009, 11(4), 929-932
- Electrochemically Modulated Film Permeability: A Functional Film For Controlled Reagent Release. Sahni H, Villalba MM, Newton LAA, Leslie R, Davis J, Chemistry Letters, 2009, 38 (10), 968-969
- Dimethy Substituted Pyrroles: A New Approach To Protective Polymers. Newton LAA, Suh Sing U, Leslie R, Davis J, Electrochemistry Communications, 2009, 11 (4), 929-932
- Bromide-sulfur interchange: Ion chromatographic determination of total reduced thiol levels in plasma. Chitre SA, Lobo GA M, Rathod SM, Smith RB, Leslie R, Livingstone C, Davis J, Journal of Chromatography, B: Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences, 2008, 864, 173
For full list click 'Go to Ray Leslie's publications' link above.