Dr Leslie is a Senior Lecturer at NTU involved in teaching organic chemistry from first year degree through to post-graduate.
- PhD- Jesus College, Cambridge
- PDRA- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Ohio
- Lecturer- University of Central Lancs
Dr Leslie's past research has included:
- developing new strategies for the synthesis of complex oligosaccharides
- a new chiral auxiliary for asymmetric radical additions
- the development of chemical and electrochemical methods for measuring thiols in plasma.
His current research is in developing ‘Neighbouring group direction’ as a method for stereoselective glycosylation
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
Sponsors and collaborators
Past sponsors have included the EPSRC and The Wellcome Trust
- Synthesis of Ethyl Nalidixate: A Medicinal Chemistry Experiment. Leslie R, Leeb E, Smith RB, Journal of Chemical Education 2012, 89, 144
- A disposable sensor for point of care wound pH monitoring. Phair J, Newton L, McCormac C, Cardosi MF, Leslie R, Davis J, Analyst, 2011, 136(22), 4692
- Plumbagin: a New Route to the Electroanalytical Determination of Cystine. Damle MS, Newton LAA, Villalba MM, Leslie R, Davis J, Electroanalysis, 2010, 22, 2491
- Plumbagin: A natural product for smart materials? Newton LAA, Cowham E, Sharp D, Leslie R, Davis J, New Journal of Chemistry, 2010, 34, 395
- Dimethyl-substituted pyrroles: A new approach to protective polymers. Newton LAA, Sing US, Leslie R, Davis J, Electrochemistry Communications, 2009, 11(4), 929-932
- Electrochemically Modulated Film Permeability: A Functional Film For Controlled Reagent Release. Sahni H, Villalba MM, Newton LAA, Leslie R, Davis J, Chemistry Letters, 2009, 38 (10), 968-969
- Dimethy Substituted Pyrroles: A New Approach To Protective Polymers. Newton LAA, Suh Sing U, Leslie R, Davis J, Electrochemistry Communications, 2009, 11 (4), 929-932
- Bromide-sulfur interchange: Ion chromatographic determination of total reduced thiol levels in plasma. Chitre SA, Lobo GA M, Rathod SM, Smith RB, Leslie R, Livingstone C, Davis J, Journal of Chromatography, B: Analytical Technologies in the Biomedical and Life Sciences, 2008, 864, 173
For full list click 'Go to Ray Leslie's publications' link above.