- Postgraduate Courses Manager for Sport MRes courses
- Course Leader for the BSc Coaching and Sport Science degree
- University verifier for FdSc Sports Coaching (Central College)
Dr Jolly previously worked for British Rowing for seven years as a Coach Educator and Rowing Coach, and as an Exercise Physiology Lecturer and Applied Sport Scientist at the University of Teesside.
- Coaching Pedagogy: Enhancing formal coach education
- Pedagogy in Higher Education: Student negotiated assessment criteria and learning outcomes
- Enterprise and entrepreneurship education in higher education
- E-learning in Higher Education: Presentations at NTU Annual Learning and Teaching conference 2014:
* Co-exploring uncharted territory: Students as active partners in negotiating module assessment criteria, module learning outcomes and module content.
* Design for learning: technology and collaboration
* Experiences of embedding opportunities for entrepreneurship
- Presentation at NTU Course Leaders Conference 2014:
* Co-creating student learning and teaching experiences with students at the course level
- NTU E-learning conference 2013-2014:
* Audio feedback
* Quick tech ideas
* Conditional release in NOW
- Presentation at NTU College Annual Learning and Teaching Conference 2014:
* Next Stop the Oscars! Video editing for people who think they can’t edit videos
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil/PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
- Lead for HEA grant supported project 'Adventures in Setting up and Running a Social Enterprise'
- Presentation at HEA Annual Conference 2014: 'Experiences in Social Enterprise: adventures in setting up and running a student lead social enterprise.'
- Presentation at HEA Social Sciences Cluster Conference 2014
- Director of EntActive (community interest company), a social enterprise with the aims of providing sport, coaching and healthy lifestyles interventions to local community groups, whilst providing students with live experiences of setting up and running a social enterprise to develop their skills of enterprise and entreprenueurship
- Finalist in UK Sport Ideas for Innovation Competition: The Kazoom: Sonification of performance data for improving technique
- Prior responsibility for Notts County Football Club Programme of Physiological Testing
On the use of isoperformance curves for profiling and identification of training needs. Jolly S, European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2013, 112 (11), 3931-3932
A critical view of critical velocity testing to predict performance. Jolly SA, Journal of Sports Sciences, 2013, 1-2.
An analysis of practice activities and instructional behaviours used by youth soccer coaches during practice: Exploring the link between science and application. Jolly S, Journal of Sports Sciences, 2010, 28 (14), 1625-1625.
The reproducibility of estimates of critical power and anaerobic work capacity in upper-body exercise. Taylor SA and Batterham AM, European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2002, 87 (1), 43-49