Dr Al-Hadhrami is a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science. He teaches the following modules in the computing department:
- Computer Technology, Networks & Security
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Applications (Undergraduate Level)
- Communication Technology (Undergraduate Level)
- System Technology (Undergraduate Level)
- Wireless & Mobile Communications (Undergraduate Level)
- Wireless Communications (Postgraduate Level)
Dr Al-Hadhrami received his BSc in Control Systems and Computer Engineering from University of Technology, Baghdad, Iraq, MSc in Information Technology/ Applied Systems from Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK, PhD in Wireless Communication and Protocols from University of the West of Scotland, Glasgow, UK.
PhD Students (Doctoral):
- Ibrahim Alameri, topic: A Cross-Layer Modification to the AODV Routing Protocol in Wireless Mesh Networks.
- Mkrm A. Mahmod, topic: Enhanced and implemented data gathering algorithm for real-time Internet of thing Edge device.
There are opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil or PhD in the School of Science and Technology. Further information is available from the NTU Doctoral School.
Dr Al-Hadhrami is a member of the, Internet of Things and Applications (IOTA), Network Infrastructures & Emerging Technologies (NIET), Computational Intelligence and Applications Research Group (CIA). Dr Al-Hadhrami has previously worked with different projects in industry and academia. During his doctoral studies, he worked on the Wireless Communication for Emergency Situations and Incident Areas Networks (IAN) at University of the West of Scotland.
His research interests include:
- Industrial Cyber Security (ICS)
- Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS)
- Internet of Health Things (IoHT)
- Computer Network Architectures and Protocols
- Internet of Things (IoT), IoT Security, Applications and Protocols
- Power Networks
- Mobile Networking & Applications
- Cloud Computing
- Wireless Sensors Networks
- Satellite and Digital Radio Communications
- Reconfigurable Intelligent Surface (RIS) and Smart Solutions (RIS-IoT)
- 5G and 6G Technologies
- Machine Learning and Data analytics
- Smart Grid
- Unmanned Aerial System Communication and Security
Editorial Services :
- Associate Editor: IEEE Accesshttps://ieeeaccess.ieee.org/editorial-leadership-and-staff/associate-editors/
- Associate Editor/Editorial Board in PeerJ Computer Science Journal,https://peerj.com/computer-science/overview-and-features/
- Associate Editor/Editorial Board in Frontiers in Communications and Networks (IoT and Sensor Networks), Frontiers in Communications and Networks | IoT and Sensor Networks
- Associate Editor: International Journal of Cyber Forensics and Advanced Threat Investigations,https://conceptechint.net/index.php/CFATI
- Hindawi, Special Issue: Advances in Intelligent Methods for Classification and Diagnosis of Cancer and Brain Disorder Diseases.
- MDPI Electronics(IF:2.412): Electronics | Special Issue : IoT Based Intelligent and Green Communications: Modelling, Practice and Applications (mdpi.com)
- MDPI Electronics(IF:2.412): Electronics | Special Issue : Toward Energy-Efficient and Emergency Communication System Design for Reliable Communication in Disaster Recovery (mdpi.com)
- Frontiers (IF:2.32): ICT accessibility at the artificial intelligence edge: enabling the persons with disability and the Elderly | Frontiers Research Topic (frontiersin.org)
Keynotes and Invited Talks:
- International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Engineering (ICOICE 2019), IEEE, Yemen
- IoT and AI Webinar, June 2020
- Data analysis and COVID-19 webinar May 2020
- 5G/6G Technology June 2020
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) , UK.
- Member of British Computer Science (BCS), UK
- Full membership of the National Cyber Security Centre, NCSC (ICS COI)
Book Editors :
- Advances on Smart and Soft Computing, Proceedings of ICACIn 2020, Springer.
- Advances on Smart and Soft Computing, Proceedings of ICACIn 2021, Springer.
- External examiner for the BEng/MEng Telecommunications Engineering Programme De Montfort University(DMU), UK, taught at Asia Pacific University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Program Co-Chair in the International Congress of Advanced Technology and Engineering (ICOTEN 2021), IEEE, Yemen
- Technical Committee Co-Chairs in the 6th International Conference of Reliable Information and Communication Technology 2021 (IRICT 2021).
- Editor and Organising Committee for the 2nd International Conference of Advanced Computing and Informatics ICACIn 2021. Casablanca - Morocco.
- Editor and Organising Committee for the 1st International Conference of Advanced Computing and Informatics (ICACIn 2020). Casablanca - Morocco.
- Track Chair for Information Security Management on 5th International Conference on Research and Innovation in Information Systems, IEEE, http://icriis.org/, http://www.ais.utm.my/haslinasarkan/irict-2017-cfp/, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor, Malaysia on July 16-17, 2017
- Track Chair for Computer Networks and Communications in IRICT 2017, Spring Book Series, Scopus Indexed Journal http://ais.utm.my/haslinasarkan/irict-2017-cfp/
- The 3rd International Conference of Reliable Information and Communication Technology 2018 (IRICT 2018)
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) of a Mosharaka International Conference of the Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) track of the 7th International Conference on Communications, Computers and Applications (MIC-CCA 2015), http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=6514959
- Technical Program Committee (TPC) for International Conference on Communication System and Network Technologies (CSNT) 2014, https://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/conferencedetails/index.html?Conf_ID=32296
Sponsors and collaborators
Current Funded Projects:
- A Deep Learning and Intelligent based detection for clickbait and Phishing Websites in Social Media, University of Ha'il, Saudi Arabia
- Smart Healthcare System for Brain Disorders Detection and Patients Monitoring, Taibah University, Saudi Arabia
- Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) research collaboration with The Office of Gas and Electricity Markets (Ofgem), UK
- Research Collaboration with College of Engineering, IT and Environment, Charles Darwin University (CDU), Australia
- Research Collaboration with Department of Computer Science, New York Institute of Technology, USA
- Research Collaboration with Department of Computer Science, Southern Arkansas University, USA
- Research collaboration with Faculty of Computing, University Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia
- Research collaboration with Faculty of Computing, Taibah University, Saudi Arabia Kingdom
- Research collaboration with College of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Hail, Saudi Arabia Kingdom