Dr Ma is the Module Leader for:
- Security Technologies (COMP30211)
- Computer Security Management (ISYS20261)
- Computer Security (MSc level)
- Advanced Security Technologies (MSc level).
He is also Lecturer for Forensic Databases and Biometrics (PHYS32721) and Module Tutor for Systems Analysis and Design with Professional Development (ISYS10241).
Dr Ma is a member of the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN).
Areas of research include network and database securities; and operating and distributed systems.
- Network security and protocol verification: Protecting networks and network-accessible resources from unauthorised access, and consistent and continuous monitoring and measurement of their effectiveness. Detecting and fixing inherent flaws of existing security protocols.
- Database security, especially deductive access control: Dealing with database inference problems where sensitive information can be inferred from non-sensitive data and metadata.
- Operating and distributed systems: Developing general purpose multi-task (and possibly multi-user) operating systems for both real-time and non-real-time applications / processes.
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD exist in the areas identified above. Further information may be obtained from the NTU Graduate School.
- Modelling and simulation of a biometric identity-based cryptography. Aljeaid D, Ma X and Langensiepen C, International Journal of Advanced Research in Artificial Intelligence, 2014, 3 (10), 35-44
- Analysing the EAP-TLS handshake and the 4-way handshake of the 802.11i standard. Alabdulatif A and Ma X, International Journal for Information Security Research (IJISR), 2013 3, (3/4), 439-448
- Database deductive access control. MA X, Journal of Computers, 2011, 6 (5), 1024-1031
- Verifying security protocols by knowledge analysis. Ma X and Cheng X, International Journal of Security and Networks, 2008, 3 (3), 183-192
For full list click 'Go to Xiaoqi Ma's publications' link above.See all of Xiaoqi Ma's publications...