Dr Ana Isabel Nunes is a Lecturer in Social Research Methods. Ana teaches on a range of modules within the department of Social and Political Sciences.
She is the module leader for Theory and Methods at undergraduate level and Researching Political Issues at postgraduate level. Ana also contributes to teaching other modules across the different Politics and International Relations undergraduate courses. At the moment, Ana is the course leader for the MA Politics and one of the co-leads of the Citizenship, Democracy and Transformation research group.
Prior to joining NTU, Ana completed an MA in Communication, Culture, and Information Technologies at ISCTE-IUL (Lisbon, Portugal). She received her PhD in Politics and International Relations from Nottingham Trent University in 2019.
Ana's main areas of focus and interest are:
- Youth political participation,
- Alternative research methodologies used in Politics and International Relations,
- Arts/theatre for social change.
- Pontes, A., Henn, M., Griffiths, M.D. (2018). Towards a conceptualization of young people’s political engagement: A qualitative focus group study. Societies 8, 0-17, doi: 10.3390/soc8010017.
- Henn, M., Sloam, J., and Nunes, A. (2021). Young cosmopolitans and environmental politics: How postmaterialist values inform and shape youth engagement in environmental politics. Journal of Youth Studies, 1-21. DOI: 10.1080/13676261.2021.1994131
- Nunes, A., and Henn, M. (2021). Bridging qualitative and quantitative approaches in the study of political participation. In: M. Giugni and M. Grasso, eds., The Oxford handbook of political participation. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Kushnir, I. and Nunes, A. (2022). Education and the UN developmental goals projects (MDGs and SDGs): definitions, links, operationalisations. Journal of Research in International Education. https://doi.org/10.1177/14752409221088942
Note: Previous work was published under Ana Isabel Pontes.
Course(s) I teach on
Politics - BA (Hons)
Politics - MA
International Relations - MA
Miley Lewis - Quality Management Team LeaderCentre for Academic Development and Quality Dept.