Andy is responsible for providing leadership in the Department of Psychology on various learning and teaching matters, with a focus on assessment. He sits on the School Research Ethics Committee (SREC) and is a member of the Psychology Management Group. He acts as the Chair of Examination Boards and Development and Approval Groups (DAG). He teaches postgraduate and final year option modules in the areas of inclusion and dis/ability, and observational methods. He also specialises in teaching introductory psychology and research methods.
Andy worked as a lecturer at the Open University for six years, where he was Course Chair (presentation and production) for ED209 Child Development.
Andy's current research and supervisory interests are:
- Communication disabilities
- Learning and teaching
- Observational methods, eye-tracking and video analysis
* NLMFF panel member for research grant allocation
* QAA academic and subject reviewer in Psychology and Education
* External examiner for University of Central Lancashire, University of Birmingham and University of Abertay at Dundee, Teeside University
Sponsors and collaborators
* Nancy Lurie Marks Family Foundation (NLMFF)
* National Alliance for Autism Research (NAAR)
* Barrow Cadbury Trust
* British Council
* European Union