Linda is a Research Fellow and supervises research at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
Linda’s research is interdisciplinary, focusing on critical-creative practices of writing and relationships between social questions, political commitment, and social history. The research encompasses the creative and critical to include poetry, creative-critical writing, collaboration, performance and scholarly articles.
Recent and ongoing research includes work on: critical social theory; discourses of self-harm; housing and economics; listening; the language and politics of care.
- Care practices, politics and language
- Creative-critical poetry, poetics and writing
- Creative qualitative research methods
- Critical Social Theory
- Poetry and psychoanalysis/feminism/queer theory/Marxism
- 20th and 21st century philosophy
- Co-organiser of event programmes of poetry and sound performance.
Sponsors and collaborators
Collaborative interdisciplinary work incorporating the organisation of experimental, exploratory, and open-ended or iterative projects. Recent collaborators include artists, academics, musicians and writers.