Senior Lecturer in Psychology
Marks research explores the cognitive and educational processes associated with writing – keyboarded and hand-written production of anything from sub-word units to multi-sentence text. Previous and current research covers, amongst other things, written picture naming, spelling processes, psycholinguistic processes underlying written sentence production, writing in children with dyslexia, reading during writing, identifying and supporting young struggling writers, and empirical evaluation of approaches to writing instruction.
- Adjunct Professor, National Reading Research Centre, University of Stavanger (2012 onwards)
- Academic collaborator in the Doctoral Program: Educational Psychology and Educational Sciences Doctoral Program in the Faculty of Education, Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy Department of the University of León. 2013 onwards.
- Consultant researcher / research team member ongoing projects at Iowa State University, US and University of León, Spain
- Doctoral program collaborator: Faculty of Education, Psychology, Sociology and Philosophy, University of León.
- Joint Editor, Journal of Writing Research
- Statistics Editor, Journal of Second Language Writing
- UK management representative and editorial coordinator EU COST action: European Research Network on Learning to Write Effectively. 2008-2012
- Working group leader and steering committee member EU COST action: European Literacy Network, 2015 - 2018