Sarah is a Lecturer in the Department of Psychology. She currently teaches across a range of undergraduate psychology courses and the Applied Child Psychology masters course. She is also the 2nd Year Tutor for Combined Honour Psychology students.
Prior to starting as a Lecturer Sarah worked for the statistical consultancy company ‘Figure it Out’ run by Dr Chris Stride from the University of Sheffield. As part of this work Sarah provided teaching and programming support on advanced statistical training courses using Mplus and SPSS software including: Structural Equation Modelling, Mediation and Moderation, Multilevel Modelling and Latent Growth Curve Modelling.
Sarah is interested in the following research areas:
- Children’s experience of school-based bullying and victimisation
- Children’s coping responses to school bullying
- Children’s friendship and social networks
- Application of advanced social network analysis (including stochastic actor orientated models) to explore children’s friendships
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
- Graduate Member of the Society for Research in Child Development
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Course(s) I teach on