Sarah is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Psychology. She is currently the associate course leader for Psychology w/Criminology and Psychology w/Sociology. Sarah teaches across a range of courses both at undergraduate and postgraduate level. Her teaching predominately focuses on research methodology, statistics, and developmental psychology.
Prior to starting as a Lecturer Sarah worked for the statistical consultancy company ‘Figure it Out’ run by Dr Chris Stride from the University of Sheffield. As part of this work Sarah provided teaching and programming support on advanced statistical training courses using Mplus and SPSS software including: Structural Equation Modelling, Mediation and Moderation, Multilevel Modelling and Latent Growth Curve Modelling.
Sarah is interested in the following research areas:
- Children’s experience of school-based bullying and victimisation
- Children’s coping responses to school bullying
- Friendship and social networks
- Structural equation modelling and related topics
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society
- Graduate Member of the Society for Research in Child Development
- Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy