Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate psychology modules on the Joint Honours Programme (JHP) as well as the Professional Studies module. Serena is also year tutor for first year students on the JHP programme. Modules taught / supervised on include, Abnormal Psychology, Psychology of Life and Work and Professional Studies I, II and III.
- Serena is currently conducting research for her PhD which requires her to interview offenders incarcerated for serial murder in both the UK and US.
- She is currently liaising with Nottinghamshire police about the delivery of research based crime analysis theory to professionals, as well as actual research based on the same. She still maintains links with Rampton Hospital and continues to pursue her work in immersive experience.
- Serena's main area of interest lies in the area of Forensic and Abnormal Psychology. She brings with her lots of experience, having worked in practice at Rampton Maximum Security Hospital prior to teaching. Serena specialises in the area of serial violent crime, predominantly rape and serial murder and the area of geographic / offender profiling.
- Serena also has a strong interest in the area of innovative and immersive teaching in higher education. She uses many of these tools and techniques in her teaching.
- Serena is a graduate member of the British Psychological Society.
- Serena undertakes work outside of the University that teaches team-building and creative practice to private businesses schools and government institutions.
Sponsors and collaborators
- Rampton Secure Hospital – research around serial violent crime / personality disorder.
- Nottinghamshire Police - contemporary research in the area of crime analysis.
- Further collaborations with other higher education institution regarding immersive experience are being finalised. Serena has already delivered similar programmes to other schools industry and governmental departments including, Eton College, Wycombe Abbey Girls School, MIND and The Department for Constitutional Affairs.
- Criminal profiling
- Mass and spree murder
- Murder and serial murder
- Rape and serial rape
- Serial violent crime