Women In Leadership Programme
This fully funded 3-day course is for women in small and medium-sized enterprises working in management or leadership roles, or aspiring to be, who want to develop their capability to manage and lead. Multiple dates available from November 2019 to July 2020.
This course in run by the Nottingham Business School as part of the Priority Skills for D2N2 SMEs project, which is part-funded by the European Social Fund.
- From: Tuesday 4 February 2020, 9.30 am
- To: Thursday 30 July 2020, 4 pm
- Registration: 9.15am
- Location: NTU City Campus or Mansfield venues, Nottingham,
- Booking deadline: Wednesday 1 July 2020, 12.00 am
Nottingham Trent University is delivering a fully funded 3-day management & leadership programme for women in small and medium-sized enterprises.
It has been designed for women working in management or leadership roles, or those aspiring to be, who want to develop their careers and their capability to manage and lead within their organisation.
The programme provides valuable, accredited professional development and is designed to be supportive and accessible to those with no higher education experience.
- Get greater clarity on career goals, and better capability to manage and lead within your organisation
- Get a university-accredited professional development course for your CV
- Earn credits toward a further postgraduate programme such as a Masters or postgraduate diploma or certificate
The course will be repeated over multiple cohorts between November 2019 and July 2020. Each course will consist of 3 dates run by the Nottingham Business School.
|Cohort 7 (City Campus)||Cohort 8 (City Campus)||Cohort 9 (Mansfield)||Cohort 10 (City Campus)|
Spaces for each cohort are limited and attendance will be confirmed by the course team. Please follow the register links and a member from our team will respond to confirm your place on the most suitable date.
Email us at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Additional course dates will be added for future cohorts.
What will the course cover?
In a supportive environment focusing on practical issues facing women in SMEs, the course will cover a number of topics including:
- How gender differences in leadership tendencies impact the way women lead
- Effective leadership and management techniques that support employee engagement and performance at an individual, team and organisational level
- Management and leadership issues and trends in organisations
Learning strategies to support your development as a leader.
What will I get out of it?
- Greater clarity on career goals, and better capability to manage and lead within your organisation
- A university-accredited professional development programme for your CV
- Credits toward a further postgraduate programme such as a Masters or postgraduate diploma or certificate
What will I do?
In addition to attending the three full-day workshops, you will complete a Personal Development Plan and a report exploring a leadership or management issue within your organisation with practical recommendations for improvement. Three confidential, career coaching sessions are offered to support you in your ongoing career development.
Parking is available across Nottingham City Centre either on-street or in car parks.
For more information, visit the Nottingham City Council website.