13th International Critical Management Studies Conference
The 13th International Critical Management Studies Conference jointly hosted by Nottingham Trent University and University of Nottingham. With multiple streams, professional development workshops and events around Nottingham that encourage connecting critical thinking to practice.
- From: Tuesday 20 June 2023, 9 am
- To: Thursday 22 June 2023, 6 pm
- Location: Newton Building, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham, NG1 4BU
- Cost: We have tried to keep the costs as low and as inclusive as possible. The costs will include lunch, and evening receptions. Book by the 15th May for early bird discount.
- Booking deadline: Monday 19 June 2023, 12.00 pm
- Download this event to your calendar
We are delighted to welcome you to the 13th International Critical Management Studies Conference, jointly hosted by Nottingham Trent University and the University of Nottingham. The theme of the conference is “Being practically critical: Re-imagining possibilities for CMS, challenging the idea of a conference and (re)building our community of communities”.
We welcome practitioners, activists and academics who are interesting in critical perspectives of management and alternative forms of organising. The conference will not only have a wide range of streams, but Professional Development Workshops and a series of events that connect you to the city of Nottingham.
|Type||Early bird 15th May||Full cost||Day rate|
|Doctoral candidates, activists and self-funded individuals||£150||£200||£100|
Bursaries for 13th International Critical Management Studies Conference:
A number of bursaries are available by application to the 2023 international CMS conference in Nottingham, UK. These bursaries primarily cover conference fees, but you may also make a case for travel costs in exceptional cases. They are intended to support the attendance of early career academics, practitioners or activists who do not have other sources of funding to attend the conference. Decisions on the award of bursaries will be made by the organizing committee on the basis of overall inclusiveness and widening participation. The deadline for applications is Friday May 5th and awardees will be notified by 19th May.
To apply for the bursary please complete this form.
It will ask the following details:
- a short biography (max 150) words
- how participation in the 2023 CMS conference will benefit your research, practice or activism
- confirmation that you do not have alternative sources of funding
- if you are making a case for travel costs, please provide an estimation of costs and your reasons for requiring funding
Please click the following link to find the full details of the event programme, including conference streams and exhibitions.