Year 6 campus visit
The Year 6 campus visit will bring university to life and support your pupils in making a smooth transition into secondary school.
Delivered by Nottingham Trent University's Outreach Team and our Student Ambassadors, the Year 6 campus visit will give your pupils an immersive experience at a university.
The event is designed to support pupils to develop their knowledge of university, student life and enable them to visualise their transition to secondary school and beyond. Pupils will have opportunities to engage with NTU staff and students and ask questions. The experience will involve pupils exploring the campus and taking part in interactive small group activities facilitated by Student Ambassadors.
Tuesday 7 June – Friday 22 July 2022
10am - 2pm (plus travel time).
Year 6 campus visit takes place on NTU Clifton Campus.
- Schools can select up to 60, year 6 pupils to attend.
- Parents/ carers will need to complete a consent form, prior to taking part in a Year 6 campus visit.
- Pupils must bring their own lunch on the day
- Schools will need to arrange transport to and from NTU Clifton Campus, as well as appropriate teacher supervision.
- NTU will reimburse schools 50% towards travel costs on receipt of an invoice.
University visits are fully-funded by NTU. We provide this service to ensure that young people from the most disadvantaged backgrounds have the ability to access attainment-raising events such as these. However, they cost NTU on average £620 per school to run. This is covered by public funding for which we are accountable for reporting on. It is vitally important that you notify us of any reduction in pupil numbers, or if your group are unable to attend the event with at least 48 hours’ notice. We reserve the right to invoice schools for a £50 penalty for any group booking which fails to attend on the day or gives less than 48 hours’ notice of cancellation.