Year 8 university visit
The Year 8 university visit will bring university to life, and build on your pupils’ understanding of higher education in a fun and interactive environment.
Inspire your Year 8 pupils at the 2019 Guardian University of the Year.
Supported by Nottingham Trent University’s Outreach team and trained students, your pupils will have an immersive experience at NTU designed to:
- Develop their learning skills
- Build self-efficacy
- Enhance confidence
- ...and find out what university is all about.
Pupils will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the campus
- Take part in a university-style research project
- Participate in a variety of subject taster sessions
- Engage with staff and students across the campus
Slots are available Monday to Friday, between 8 June and 17 July, inclusive.
Each event runs 10 am - 2.30 pm
NTU City Campus
Select 60 pupils who meet NTU's widening participation criteria**
Transport to and from NTU City Campus, as well as teacher supervision.
NTU will reimburse schools 50% towards travel costs on receipt of an invoice.
How to book
** NTU widening participation criteria. Pupils must meet at least one of the following conditions:
- reside in a deprived neighbourhood, where progression rates to higher education are low
- be from a low socio-economic background
- be in receipt of free school meals
- currently be a looked-after child / in care or have recently left local authority care
- have a disability
The day has been a fantastic opportunity for our students.
Year 8 teacher, Meden School