Year 8 university visit
The Year 8 university visit will bring university to life, and build on your pupils’ understanding of higher education in a fun and interactive environment.
Inspire your Year 8 pupils at the 2019 Guardian University of the Year.
Supported by Nottingham Trent University’s Outreach team and trained undergraduate students, your pupils will have an immersive experience at NTU designed to:
- Develop their learning skills
- Build self-efficacy
- Enhance confidence
- ...and find out what university is all about.
Pupils will have the opportunity to:
- Explore the campus
- Take part in a university-style research project
- Participate in a variety of subject taster sessions
- Engage with staff and students across the campus
Slots are available Monday to Friday, between 10 June and 19 July, inclusive.
Each event runs 10 am - 2.30 pm
NTU city campus
Select 60 pupils who meet NTU's Widening Participation criteria**
Transport to and from NTU city campus, as well as teacher supervision.
NTU will reimburse schools 50% towards travel costs on receipt of an invoice.
How to book
** NTU widening participation criteria. Pupils must meet at least one of the following conditions:
- reside in a deprived neighbourhood, where progression rates to higher education are low
- be from a low socio-economic background
- be in receipt of free school meals
- currently be a looked-after child / in care or have recently left local authority care
- have a disability
The day has been a fantastic opportunity for our students.
Year 8 teacher, Meden School