Design, Automation and Artificial Intelligence (AI) consultancy
From idea to commercialisation, the team can support you to develop, manufacture and evaluate your products and services.
Their work covers a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, energy, sustainability, buildings, infrared thermography, automation and AI.
They work on projects ranging from assessing brain signals to creating new algorithms that monitor the health of bridges.
Consultancy can be provided in:
- embedding AI into products and services
- condition monitoring: air pollution, building performance, condition-based maintenance, manufacturing systems, and image and signal processing
- renewable energy innovation: solar energy, wave energy, heat pump technology and geothermal heating
- design and manufacturing: CAD, 3D printing, design engineering, sustainable product development, mechatronics and fabrication
- medical design: health and wellbeing and medical technologies
- people-centred design: assisted living and design for behaviour change
- sustainability: circular economy, consumption, social and environmental LCA (lifecycle analysis), lighting and longer-lasting products.
Our innovative projects have appeared in international media such as the BBC, CNN, The Guardian, and many more.
Find out more about the Product Innovation Centre.
To find out how our academic and technical teams can help solve a problem, support a project or transform your business, please contact Stephen Whalley, Head of Commercial Services at email@example.com.
Further consultancy and support
Fabric and garment testing consultancy
Companies from around the world seek out our academic and technical team's expertise in fabric and garment testing and data analysis. Our independent approach is based upon evidence from research and industry knowledge and can be an excellent way for a company to explore new products in a cost-effective way.
Productivity and innovation consultancy
NTU offers several consultancies to businesses that would like to improve their productivity and innovation by working with our subject matter experts. This support is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Developing new products and services
We can provide you with the skills, expertise and technology to help your business develop new products and services, from start to finish.