Product Innovation Centre
Unit(s) of assessment: General Engineering; Architecture, Built Environment and Planning; Art and Design: History, Practice and Theory
School: School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment
The vision of the Product Innovation Centre (PIC) is to drive innovative thinking and solutions through an interdisciplinary product design and engineering team to address global challenges. Through collaborations with industry, government and charitable partners we provide world class research and industrial solutions which inform our academic excellence, teaching and supervision of PhD researchers. PIC is an innovation hub that works with colleagues across the university to deliver true multi-disciplinary research outcomes that make a positive impact on people’s lifestyles, society and industry.
- Design and Manufacturing: CAD, 3D Printing, Design Engineering, Sustainable Product Development, Mechatronics, Fabrication.
- Condition Monitoring: Air Pollution, Building Performance, Condition-Based-Maintenance, Manufacturing Systems, Artificial Intelligence Applications, Image and Signal Processing.
- Medical Design: Health and Wellbeing and Medical Technologies.
- People Centred Design: Assisted Living, Design for Behaviour Change, Road Safety.
- Sustainability: Circular Economy, Consumption, Energy, Fast fashion, Social and Environmental LCA (Lifecycle Analysis), Lighting, Longer Lasting Products.
The group, through the email contact below is happy to receive email enquiries from prospective students and researchers wishing to undertake research in the aforementioned areas, as well as those mentioned under individual research staff.
For academic enquiries please contact the Research Group Leader, Professor Amin Al-Habaibeh.
Related Groups and Centres
- Advanced Design and Manufacturing Engineering Centre (ADMEC)
- Design for Healthy Urban Living (DHUL)
- Innovative and Sustainable Built Environment Technologies (iSBET)
- Sustainable Consumption
- Road Safety Research Group
We’re offering fully-funded PhD studentships aligned with our research centres for UK, EU or International students. Find out more about our PhD studentships