Improving manufacturing productivity through flow management
The Productivity Through Innovation project is offering a series of in-person workshops and business-specific consultancy on improving productivity through flow management.
This support is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and is at no cost to eligible SMEs.
The programme of support is specifically designed for the manufacturing industry, this exclusive package will enable participating businesses to directly improve their operational processes and make efficiency savings (cost/time) in their business. This programme of support, delivered by NTU experienced manufacturing experts Dr Aquila Yeong and Dr Roy Stratton.
The programme will start in September 2022 and participating business will benefit from:
- 4 x deep dive, practical workshops that will enable businesses to produce a focussed map of the main process flow and identify opportunities for improvement
- Site visits to two of the participating companies
- Peer to peer learning
- One to one consultancy from NTU experts in Operations Management
- A bespoke recommendations report with directions and solutions
- A copy of The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt.
The programme is suitable for Operations Managers or similar roles within manufacturing SMEs based in Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire.
Programme dates and content
|Workshop 1: Focused productivity improvement||21 September 2022, 10 am - 1 pm||NTU|
|Workshop 2: Controlling and improving flow||October 2022||Client to host group workshop|
|Client visits (one-to-one)||October and November 2022||Client site|
|Workshop 3: The underlying cause||November 2022||Client to host group workshop|
|Workshop 4: Making a change||12 January 2023, 10 am - 1 pm||NTU|
|Bespoke report||January 2023||N/A|
Production of final report, including:
A summary report with recommendations will be provided to each participating SME.
Who is eligible for support?
- SMEs based in Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
- Maximum 250 employees
- An annual turnover under EUR 50 million or annual balance sheet less than EUR 43 million.
If you do not meet the above criteria or are unsure, please contact us regardless as we may be able to signpost you to other support available.
To enquire or sign up for the full support
We have capacity to support 6 SMEs on this fully funded (no cost) programme.
To enquire about signing up for the support, please email email@example.com, or call on 0115 84 84472.