Dr Aquila Yeong is a Senior Lecturer in Operations Management in the Department of Management, and a member in the IDEO research group.
He contributes towards teaching in programmes which includes Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Corporate, and Online MBA. He is also module leader in Operations Management related modules, Project and Programme Strategies, and Data Analytics for Managerial Decision Making.
His research interest centres around Value Creation through Process Innovation via alignment of Management Philosophy, Technology and People.
Both his teaching and research are aligned with his active engagement with industry via Knowledge Transfer Partnership and Productivity Through Innovation programme funded consultancy projects. His recent work includes the development and deployment of S-DBR (Simplified Drum Buffer Rope) based Decision Support System for SME manufacturing companies. Impact includes more than doubled productivity and empowered shop floor personnel.
Aquila began his career in telecommunication industry as a research and development engineer for a telco company in Malaysia. In his tenure with the company, he has assumed managerial roles in engineering, marketing&sales and customer service departments. He was part of the management team who pioneered the deployment and operation of the first nationwide CDMA based digital trunked radio network. On this platform, he and his team has developed various bespoke digital communication solutions to customers from public and private sectors, which includes industries such as logistics, transportation, emergency response, and gaming & entertainment.
- Senior Lecturer in Operations Management (2017 - Present)
- DBA (2015 - 2019)
- Business System Architecture Designer/Programmer (2015 - 2017) - Amberol Ltd (UK)
- MBA (2014 - 2015)
- Managerial Positions in Telecommunication Industry (2004 - 2014) - Electcoms (Malaysia)
- Engineering (2004 - 2014), Sales/Marketing (2012 - 2013)
- RF and digital communication: ZTE (CDMA2000, GoTa) , Hytera (DMRT), Huawei (GSMT), Motorola (MotoTrbo), Harris (Microwave), Siae (Microwave)
- Develop integrated digital communication solutions (transportation and logistics, construction, entertainment, security, emergency response, utilities, agriculture and etc.)
- Lecturer in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (2002 - 2004) - IUKL (ICT) (Malaysia)
- Draquila has recently successfully designed, developed and implemented a Theory of Constraints (TOC): Simplified Drum-Buffer-Rope (S-DBR) based Production Planning and Control (PPC) Decision Support System (DSS) in a manufacturing company. The system has successfully increased throughput, exposed hidden capacity, empowered personnel, and become an integral part of daily business operation.
- The software was developed using C# and MS Sql Server, integrated with existing Sage ERP system.