Dr Aquila Yeong is currently a Senior Lecturer in Operations Management. He contributes towards teaching in programmes which includes Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Corporate, and Online MBA. He is also module leader in Operations Management related modules, Project and Programme Strategies, and Data Analysis for Managerial Decision Making. His research interest centres around Value Creation through Process Innovation via alignment of Philosophy, Technology and People. Apart from teaching and research, he is actively engaged with industry via KTPs and consultancy projects.
- Senior Lecturer in Operations Management (2017 - Present)
- DBA (2015 - 2019)
- Business System Architecture Designer/Programmer (2015 - 2017) - Amberol Ltd
- MBA (2014 - 2015)
- Managerial Positions in Telecommunication Industry - Electcoms
- Engineering (2003 - 2014), Sales/Marketing (2012 - 2013)
- RF and digital communication technology explored: ZTE, Hytera, Huawei, Motorola, Harris, Siae
- Provides integrated digital communication solutions (transportation and logistics, construction, entertainment, security, emergency response, utilities, agriculture and etc.)
- Lecturer in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (2001 - 2003) - IUKL (ICT)
- Draquila has recently successfully designed, developed and implemented a Theory of Constraints (TOC): Simplified Drum-Buffer-Rope (S-DBR) based Production Planning and Control (PPC) Decision Support System (DSS) in a manufacturing company. The system has successfully increased throughput, exposed hidden capacity, empowered personnel, and become an integral part of daily business operation.
- The software was developed using C# and MS Sql Server, integrated with existing Sage ERP system.
- He is interested in developing Knowledge Transfer Partnership collaboration with companies who are seeking to increase productivity through People, Management Philosophy and Technology.
|1.||YEONG, A. and STRATTON, R. , 2019. The appropriation of trust for successful PPC implementation. In: 26th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Helsinki, Finland, 17-19 June 2019. (Forthcoming) Item not available from this repository.|
|2.||YEONG, A. , 2019. S-DBR design, implementation and critical evaluation using action research. DBA, Nottingham Trent University.|
|3.||STRATTON, R. and YEONG, A. , 2018. Work Load Control (WLC) incorporating time buffer management: an action research study. In: POMS (Production and Operations Management Society) 2018 International Conference, Granada, Spain, 22-24 October 2018. Item not available from this repository.|
|4.||STRATTON, R. and YEONG, A. , 2018. The design and implementation of a WLC system incorporating time buffer signalling: an action research study. In: EurOMA 2018: 25th Annual EurOMA (European Operations Management Association) Conference, Budapest, Hungary, 24-26 June 2018. (Forthcoming) Item not available from this repository.|
|5.||YEONG, A. and STRATTON, R. , 2018. Enabling small firm growth through process innovation - a reflection. In: 25th Innovation and Product Development Management Conference (IPDMC), Porto, Portugal, 10-13 June 2018. (Forthcoming) Item not available from this repository.|
|6.||YEONG, A. and STRATTON, R. , 2018. Human factor: the bridge to a successful intervention in MTO (Make-To-Order) manufacturing environment. In: EurOMA 2018: 25th Annual EurOMA (European Operations Management Association) Conference, Budapest, Hungary, 24-26 June 2018. (Forthcoming) Item not available from this repository.|
|7.||YEONG, A. and STRATTON, R. , 2017. Applying Linear High Touch (LHT) time to MTO rotary moulding with planned load. In: TOCICO 2017 International Conference, Meliá Berlin, Berlin, Germany, 16-19 July 2017. Item not available from this repository.|
|8.||YEONG, A. and STRATTON, R. , 2017. Capturing action research knowledge through Strategy and Tactic (S&T) tree. In: EurOMA 2017: 24th International Conference the European Operations Management Association, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, 1-5 July 2017.|
|9.||YEONG, A. and STRATTON, R. , 2016. Preparing for growth. In: 28th International Conference of the TOC Practitioners Alliance (TOCPA), Northampton, November 2016. Item not available from this repository.|