Dr Aquila Yeong is a Senior Lecturer in Operations Management in the Department of Management, and a member in the IDEO research group.
He contributes towards teaching in programmes which includes Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Corporate, and Online MBA. He is also module leader in Operations Management related modules, Project and Programme Strategies, and Data Analysis for Managerial Decision Making.
His research interest centres around Value Creation through Process Innovation via alignment of Management Philosophy, Technology and People.
Both his teaching and research are aligned with his active engagement with industry via KTPs and consultancy projects. His recent KTP work includes the development and deployment of an S-DBR (Simplified Drum Buffer Rope) software for an SME manufacturing company. It has successfully more than doubled productivity and empowered shop floor personnel.
Aquila began his career in telecommunication industry as a research and development engineer for a telco company in Malaysia. After two years, he began his managerial role in managing the Base Station Subsystem (BSS) and Radio Frequency (RF) planning and optimisation of the digital trunked radio network. His managerial role eventually expanded to the entire digital communication network, which includes Mobile Switching System (MSS), and transmission network (both microwave and fibre optics). His strong belief in offering value added end-to-end business solutions to customers eventually propelled him to manage Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Engineering departments of the business. He had led engineers to provide various bespoke digital communication solutions to customers from various industries, such as logistics, transportation, emergency response, and gaming & entertainment. His interest in knowledge sharing and talent development has prompted him to set up a training and development business unit within the company. He is also a certified trainer with the Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF), an agency under the Ministry of Human Resource Malaysia.
- Senior Lecturer in Operations Management (2017 - Present)
- DBA (2015 - 2019)
- Business System Architecture Designer/Programmer (2015 - 2017) - Amberol Ltd (UK)
- MBA (2014 - 2015)
- Managerial Positions in Telecommunication Industry (2004 - 2014) - Electcoms (Malaysia)
- Engineering (2004 - 2014), Sales/Marketing (2012 - 2013)
- RF and digital communication technology explored: ZTE, Hytera, Huawei, Motorola, Harris, Siae
- Provides integrated digital communication solutions (transportation and logistics, construction, entertainment, security, emergency response, utilities, agriculture and etc.)
- Lecturer in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (2002 - 2004) - IUKL (ICT) (Malaysia)
- Draquila has recently successfully designed, developed and implemented a Theory of Constraints (TOC): Simplified Drum-Buffer-Rope (S-DBR) based Production Planning and Control (PPC) Decision Support System (DSS) in a manufacturing company. The system has successfully increased throughput, exposed hidden capacity, empowered personnel, and become an integral part of daily business operation.
- The software was developed using C# and MS Sql Server, integrated with existing Sage ERP system.
- He is interested in developing Knowledge Transfer Partnership collaboration with companies who are seeking to increase productivity through People, Management Philosophy and Technology.