Productivity through Innovation
Productivity through Innovation (PtI) allows businesses to access a broad range funding, services and support activities to improve their productivity and their market competitiveness.
Does your business want to:
- Increase its revenue
- Reduce costs
- Introduce new or improved products, services, and processes
- Acquire new customers
- Explore new markets
Working together with a university can unlock the true potential of your business!
With support from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), eligible businesses who are looking to work with NTU for research and development could benefit from:
- A grant towards a graduate’s salary
- Free consultancy from experts in our internationally renowned Nottingham Business School
- Free technical support and access to our industry-standard facilities
- Attendance at free workshops and events, providing opportunities for peer support from like-minded businesses
So whether you have a project in mind or just want to explore how working together with a university could make a real difference to your business, call our business helpline or drop us an email to discuss what opportunities are available to you.
How it works – it all starts with a chat
- Diagnostic – Following a screening questionnaire, a business will meet with one of our Productivity through Innovation (PtI) team members to talk more about the challenges and opportunities for their business. We will gather all the information we need to identify the potential opportunities and/or barriers to your business growth and productivity, and create a bespoke package of support*.
- Support delivery – Our team will source the right expertise from the University and our graduate talent pool for your needs. Collaborations can last from six weeks to 12 months depending on what is required and the resources available.
- End of support/follow-up – At the end of your collaboration with NTU, we will review the impact of our support and offer advice on how to progress your business even further. We want to continue to help you on your journey and will contact you at agreed intervals following the end of your collaboration to assess any longer-term impact from the project and to keep you updated on any other opportunities.
*Support through the project is subject to business eligibility and resource availability. Should your business not be suitable for the PtI project or if NTU or our partner Universities do not have the right resources to support you, we will do our utmost to signpost you to other available support.
“The PtI diagnostic really gave us new insight into our business, leaving us with action points that we have now integrated into our strategic planning.” – Jess Barnett, Company Director, TTK Confectionery Ltd
Support through the project is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). To be eligible you must be an established SME in the D2N2 area (Derby/Derbyshire, Nottingham/Nottinghamshire) with an ambition to make a change to your business to improve your productivity. Further suitability for the project will be established through the diagnostic.
Discover how we have supported SMEs to innovate and grow as part of our previous project, Enabling Innovation. Download the report.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are defined as:
- less than 250 employees
- annual turnover under EUR 50 million
- or an annual balance sheet less than EUR 43 million.
If you are unsure whether or not you qualify for support, please contact us.
Contact our team
Funding is available from 1 April 2019 until 31 March 2022. If you are interested in accessing these services or would like to know more, contact us on the details below.
For consultancy and technical support, contact Kate Ling, Business Relationship Manager
- 0115 848 4297
For skills and talent opportunities, contact Ronnika Lamont, Business Services Consultant
- 0115 848 4866
We have secured funding from the European Regional Development Fund which means that most services provided as part of this programme are of no cost to eligible businesses.
Productivity through Innovation is one of many projects which D2N2 has supported with European funding. Further details of these projects and much more, can be found on the D2N2 Growth Hub site.
Privacy and data retention
Nottingham Trent University and Productivity through Innovation privacy notice
“As an innovative business specialising in product development, we have felt hugely supported by NTU. They have provided with assistance in researching new markets, recruiting graduates, offering business advice and guidance, and giving us access to relevant funding.” – Jess Barnett, Company Director, TTK Confectionery Ltd.