How to do business with NTU
For those looking to work with us, find out how to get started and register your details, express an interest in supplying goods and services not currently covered, and apply for tenders advertised.
Our dedicated tendering site In-Tend allows companies to:
- register their details for free
- express an interest in goods and services not covered by existing contracts
- sign up for alerts on upcoming tenders
- apply for tenders.
We advertise all our upcoming tender opportunities on In-Tend, and elsewhere depending on the procurement threshold, details of which can be found below.
As a university, we follow strict rules defined by the EU procurement rules and UK legislation around contracting supplies, services and works that go over certain thresholds.
Tenders over £50,000 (excluding VAT)
To express an interest in supplying your goods or services, or to apply for a current tender, you should first register your company details on our procurement portal In-Tend. You can then express a formal interest to relevant tenders as and when they are published.
You can view our latest opportunities on In-Tend.
We also advertise locally on:
Tenders above EU Procurement Directive Thresholds
From 23:00 on 31 December 2020, NTU will publish information on public sector contract opportunities in the UK on the new Find a Tender Service (FTS):
- FTS is free to use and replaces the role of Tenders Electronic Daily, the Official Journal of the EU (OJEU / TED) for procurements in the UK.
- FTS will work alongside existing procurement portals such as Contracts Finder.
If you wish to access public sector contract opportunities in the EU, you may continue to do so via OJEU / TED. Information about procurements launched by UK contracting authorities before 23:00 on 31 December 2020 will be available via OJEU / TED or the existing portals mentioned above.
Where contracts go above current EU Procurement Directive thresholds, we advertise on our portal In-Tend and FTS.
Current thresholds are:
- Supply, services and design contracts
£181,302 (ex-VAT) for one-off purchases and on-going requirements purchased via frameworks (for up to 4 years) which are also advertised on FTS.
- Works contracts:
More details on current EU Procurement Directive thresholds are available from the Official Journal of the European Community (OJEU).
Tenders for Collaborative Frameworks
We have the option of accessing collaborative frameworks put in place by the HE and wider public sector. You will need to bid via an EU-compliant tendering process to become a contracted or approved supplier.
We are members of the North Eastern Universities Purchasing Consortium (NEUPC), and use several others, including:
- North Western Universities Purchasing Consortium (NWUPC)
- London Universities Purchasing Consortium (LUPC)
- Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium (SUPC)
- Higher Education Purchasing Consortium, Wales (HEPCW)
- Advanced Procurement for Universities and Colleges, Scotland (APUC)
- The University Caterers Organisation (TUCO)
Government schemes and frameworks
European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) and European Regional Development Funds (ERDF) funded projects
We run projects that are part or wholly funded by the ERDF/ESIF. We ensure all procurement activities adhere to the principles and values of all applicable UK and current legislation and are awarded fairly, transparently and without discrimination.
See opportunities on our online portal, In-Tend.