Keeping talent in Nottingham
We are committed to keeping talent in the region, supporting local businesses and helping to grow the local economy. Through a series of initiatives, we work with businesses to promote Nottingham as a great place to live to students and graduates.
Grads4Nottm is an initiative designed to highlight great businesses in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Businesses submit real-life challenges to our students or graduates, who will then solve them. Challenges are advertised anonymously, taking away any brand bias and putting all employers on an even playing field. Students and graduates then pick challenges that are best suited to their skills.
The event takes place annually in June.
The initiative aims to:
- promote Nottingham as a great place to live and work
- make students aware of the types of businesses and graduate jobs available
- help students access the growing and diverse small medium enterprise (SME) network, recognised as the largest recruiter of graduate talent in the region
- provide local businesses with a cost-effective way to sample new talent and create a candidate pipeline for graduate opportunities.
For more information and to get involved, contact us.
Challenges: Spring Term
Event series: eNGage in...
eNGage is a series of events where businesses within a specific profession and an NG postcode join a panel to showcase the different roles within that profession. As a local business you can get in front of our students and graduates, raise the profile of your business and talk about some of the great opportunities for professionals in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
eNGage with Gaming
6 March 2018, Confetti at Creative Quarter Campus
If you would like to get involved, contact the Employability team.
Challenges: Autumn Term
Could you mentor students and help them make a profit out of £10 in 10 days? If so, you will be helping us to raise invaluable funds for the John van Geest Cancer Research Centre.
Benefits to your company include:
- the opportunity to boost your CSR and do some good
- the chance to meet and mentor future talent
- raising your profile as a prospective employer
- networking opportunities with other mentors.
We work with the Institute of Directors (IoD) to produce this annual event, which takes place in the autumn term.
If you would like more information on how to take part, contact us.
"Not only do you get to meet and inspire students, you get to raise money for a fantastic cause with 100% of every donation you make going directly to their research, staff and facilities."
Haydn Bowley, Designer, Developer and Entrepreneur