About the programme
Discover the advantages of the NTU Graduate Development Programme (GDP), the job roles available, and the opportunities that await you.
Watch the video above to hear four of our past and present members of the GDP discuss life after university. In the podcast they talk about what it was like applying for graduate jobs during their final year, life after graduating, the challenges that come with interviews and assessment centres, and their time on the programme.
Exclusive to NTU graduates
You’ve had the experience of being a student here, now it’s time to learn how it works behind the scenes. On this competitively paid programme, you’ll be working in one of our many professional services helping us deliver an excellent student experience and working towards creating the University of the Future, whilst gaining key skills and experience necessary to making that vital transition from university life to graduate employment.
Develop and grow as a professional
In addition to your job role, you’ll be supported by a dedicated team providing you with industry-level development opportunities all throughout your experience. Among a rich range of workshops and events, you’ll have the chance to:
- deepen your knowledge and transferable skills through monthly workshops and formal training
- take part in a University Challenge working on a live project sponsored by senior staff to help directly shape the University’s future
- be supported by a line manager to provide you with guidance and constructive feedback all throughout your experience.
- join an exclusive NTU mentorship programme to motivate and inspire you
- grow your network through Team Away Days where you can build relationships with like-minded graduates and experienced professionals.
Read our graduates’ stories to learn more about how these development opportunities have helped our graduates on the programme.
A working experience tailored to you
We have many NTU-exclusive graduate vacancies for a 13-month programme starting in the summer. Each role has been designed to give you the opportunity to discover your potential, identify your strengths and develop new skills, so that you can leave fully prepared for the career path you choose to pursue. Depending on your interests, you can apply for a variety of roles within our departments, including:
- Business, Law and Social Sciences (BLSS)
- Human Resources (HR)
- Digital Technologies (DT)
- Vice-Chancellor’s Directorate
- NTU Sport
- and many more.
The graduate community
The structure of the 13-month programme comprises of a variety of workshops and away days to help build your professional skills.
We take a collaborative approach in designing our workshops, combining our expert knowledge of talent development with the developmental needs of the graduates. We work to instil a sense of community within our graduate programme, providing you with a support network of like-minded young professionals. You can read how this community has aided previous graduates in their work.