- Level(s) of Study: Professional / Short course
Available at no cost to eligible individuals (see criteria below).*
- Start Date(s): 16 October 2023 / 13 November 2023
- Duration: Virtually over three 90 minute sessions.
- Study Mode(s): Short course
- Campus: City Campus
Please note: This course is delivered through the Reskill & Recover project, which is part funded by the European Social Fund. This course is only available to employees of small and medium businesses that are based in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire. Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is pleased to offer free (fully funded) places on this course.
Our Inclusive Recruitment course is a non-accredited interactive learning and development programme, delivered by NTU's Employability team. The programme aims to develop your understanding and knowledge around inclusive recruitment of early career talent through five key modules, exploring each stage of the candidate journey.
This programme will give you practical tools and tips that will help you attract, select, and retain a diverse workforce, by applying new recruitment methods, using technology and embedding EDI practices.
We are now delivering our last two cohorts of this course. Don't miss your chance to sign up.
Making the case for Inclusive Recruitment & Understanding the EDI landscape
- Basic terminology and principles of Diversity & Inclusion in relation to recruitment
- Exploring the legal, business, moral & ethical imperatives for EDI
- Understanding under-represented groups and barriers faced in the recruitment process & labour market
Positioning your employer brand and attracting diverse talent
- Why employer branding is important to candidates
- Creating inclusive job adverts that appeal to diverse candidates
- Outreach activities to connect with under-represented talent
Module Three: Understanding how bias impacts hiring and what you can do about it
- Different types of implicit bias
- Tools & technology that can support with reducing the impact of bias
Module Four: Exploring how different selection methods can increase diversity
- Competency and strengths-based assessments
- Contextualised and blink recruitment methods
- How positive action can be used to address under-representation
Onboarding & retaining your talent
- Challenges in retaining diverse talent
- Keep warm strategies to reduce renege rates
- Building an inclusive workplace
How you’re taught
This course is delivered by early careers industry professionals and has several modules.
*Additional dates may become available subject to demand, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the course but cannot attend the existing cohorts.
Session 1: 16 October 2023, 11 am - 12.30 pm
Session 2: 18 October 2023, 11 am - 12.30 pm
Session 3: 20 October 2023, 11 am - 12.30 pm
Session 1: 13 November 2023, 11 am - 12.30 pm
Session 2: 15 November 2023, 11 am - 12.30 pm
Session 3: 17 November 2023, 11 am - 12.30 pm
To be eligible to apply for a place on this course you must be employed by a small or medium business (under 250 employees) in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire.
No previous qualifications or experience is needed to access this course.
If you have any queries about this course, please email: email@example.com.