Information and entry requirements for students from Nigeria
Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Nigeria, find out about our entry requirements, Nigeria High Achievers Award and sign up to keep in touch with us.
Welcome to NTU
Hello, my name's Mr Wole Ibukun. I'm the NTU Representative for Nigeria and I live in Lagos.
I love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance. If you register we’ll let you know each time I'm doing a visit and keep you up to date. If you can't meet me in person just email me your queries or we could even arrange a Skype session.
We have a long history of welcoming Nigerian students and have a lively African community at the University who’ll make you feel very welcome.
Your scholarship options
You can apply for the following scholarships:
- Postgraduate Masters Scholarships (up to half tuition fee)
- International Scholarships (£2,000)
Nigeria High Achievers Award
We are pleased to offer a £3,000 fee reduction to all highly-achieving Nigerian students holding offers to study any of our full-time Masters courses starting in January 2020.
You must have a 2:1 or 1st class degree from Nigeria.
To claim please email the International Development Office with your name and NTU student number.
Please write 'Nigeria High Achievers Award' in the subject of the email.
14 October 2019 16:00 GMT
Final deadline: 11 November 2019 16:00 GMT
Terms and Conditions Nigeria High Achievers Award
- You must be permanently domiciled in Nigeria.
- You must have achieved a 2:1 or 1st class degree from Nigeria at the time of applying to Nottingham Trent University.
- You must be holding an offer for January or September 2020 to study at Nottingham Trent University.
- The award is not transferable and will not be given if you choose to defer your entry to a different start date.
- You must be a self-financing student eligible to pay international tuition fees. Students who are sponsored are not eligible.
- This offer is applicable to full time taught postgraduate Masters programmes (excluding professional courses such as BPTC, LPC and MBA, DBA and distance learning courses).
- You must not have previously studied at Nottingham Trent University. If you have, you may be eligible for the 25% postgraduate alumni discount.
- If you are doing a two-year course, you will only receive the discount for your first year of study at Nottingham Trent University.
- Your fee cannot also be discounted by another arrangement such as a corporate contract or partnership discount.
- You may qualify for both an award and a scholarship but your total fee reduction must not exceed 50% of your tuition fees.
- This award will be a tuition fee reduction. If you are confirmed for this award, your fee will be adjusted before you enrol.
- All decisions on eligibility for these discounts are at the University's discretion and are final.
- If you are a recipient of the Nigeria High Achievers Award, we may ask you to appear in online and/or printed university marketing materials. For example, providing a student profile and photograph which may be used to promote the University.
|Your qualification||You could study|
|West African Examination Council Senior School Certificate - (WASSCE)||Successful completion of WAEC certificate will be considered for foundation courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)|
|West African Examination Council Senior School Certificate - (WASSCE)||Average grade B will be considered for International Year One courses at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC).|
|International Foundation Programme|
Year One entry to Bachelors degrees courses, based on UCAS Tariff points where:
UCAS points must be obtained by three or more major modules only.
Please see individual course information for UCAS Tariff point and subject specific entry requirements.
|Bridge House Foundation Programme|
We are happy to accept students from Bridge House College. Kindly email us for more information.
|Higher National Diploma (HND)||Students with exceptional grades can be considered for advanced entry to undergraduate courses.|
Bachelors degree (Honours)
2:1 = GPA of 2.9/4 or 3.5/5
2:2 = 2.5/4 or 2.8/5 GPA
Bachelor Degree (Honours) in Medical/Pharmacy subjects:
|Postgraduate (Masters) courses|
Upper second-class Masters degree from a recognised university in Nigeria
Please note that these entry requirements are guidelines only. If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us.
English language requirements
You must have a West African Examinations Council Senior School Certificate with a grade C6 or 6.
Please provide a scratch card as part of your application.
We also accept a Nigerian Examinations Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate with a grade C6 or 6.