Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Tanzania

Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representatives for Africa, learn about our entry requirements, and sign up to keep in touch with us.

Team Africa 2022

Welcome to NTU

Hello, we’re NTU’s Team Africa (Chukwuka, Anna, Kotana and Richie) and we are your NTU Representatives! We’re delighted you’re thinking about studying here. We regularly visit the region and love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance.

Our visit schedule is on the NTU in Africa webpage or you can register with us and we’ll let you know when we’re next visiting. If you can't meet us in person just email us your queries or we could even arrange a Skype session.

Meet our students

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study
National Form IV Examination, Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE), Cambridge Overseas School Certificate (COSC) or East African Certificate of Education (EACE)Considered for a foundation certificate at Nottingham Trent International College (NTIC)
Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate (COHSC) / East African Advanced Certificate of Education (EAACE) / National Form VI Examination / Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSE)Considered for diploma at NTIC
Considered for direct entry to undergraduate degrees
Advanced diplomaConsidered for Year Two entry to undergraduate degrees or top-up courses
Bachelor degreeConsidered for postgraduate study (degree classification 2.2 or 2.1 for some courses)
Masters degreeConsidered for PhD study

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

English language requirements

We accept many different tests and qualifications, including qualifications from Tanzania, such as the Secondary School Leaving Certificate or the National form IV Examination / Certificate of Secondary Education (CSEE) with minimum grade C. You can find full details of alternative English qualifications we accept here.

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

NTU representatives

We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.

They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.

You'll find their details on this page.

Still need help?

+44 (0)115 941 8418