Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Canada

Student from Canada and interested in studying at NTU? Find entry requirements for Bachelors and Masters degrees and meet your country advisor for Canada.

Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Becca Kennedy and I’m the NTU Representative for Canada. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Canada so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Canada Law Scholarship

We are pleased to offer several competitive scholarships of either 25% or 50% of tuition fee (undergraduate is first year only then £3,000 following years).

We welcome applications from students from Canada who are holding an offer to study on a Nottingham Law School course. It is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students.

Find out more information about our deadlines and how to apply below.


If you are intending to apply for financial support whilst studying at Nottingham Trent University, you will need to complete your initial application through your province or territory’s Student Aid Office.

Loans are not paid directly to the University. You are required to pay your tuition fees yourself.

If you have any queries in relation to authorising a Canadian Loan, please contact us by calling +44 (0)115 848 2494 or by emailing

How to apply for Canadian student loans

How to apply for loans

Detailed information on how to apply, including the types of student grants, eligibility, and maximum lifetime limits, can be found on the Government of Canada student aid pages or by visiting your province or territory student aid office.

How to pay your fees

Loans are not paid directly to the University. You are required to pay your tuition fees yourself.  Details on how to pay your fees can be found here.

Confirmation of enrolment

We can support you with the completion of enrolment confirmation forms and program information forms.  You should submit forms to


Details on how to repay your student loan can be found here.

Contact Us

If you need any help or advice regarding your Canadian loan you can email our Student Financial Support service or call +44 (0)115 848 2494.

The Student Financial Support service is open:

  • Monday to Thursday, 8.30 am to 5 pm
  • Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm

Meet one of our students from Canada

"The best part was the freedom to choose my own research area, which meant I got to learn exactly what I wanted. The tutors challenged and pushed me to always do better, and I feel like they got the best out of me."

Cara studied BA (Hons) International Fashion Business. Read her student story.

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study
Canadian Grade 12 (High School Diploma) Alberta, New Brunswick, New Foundland, North West Territories, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan – 75% attained when graded out of 100%Undergraduate Year One
Canadian Grade 12 (High School Diploma) British Columbia, Yukon – At least 5 Grade Cs in relevant subjectsUndergraduate Year One
Canadian Grade 12 (Senior School Diploma) Manitoba. 4 credits awarded at 300 level and in each credit subject at least 70% attainedUndergraduate Year One
Ontario Grade 12 Diploma (Advanced Level). 6, Grade 12 University, College Preparation or University / College courses including Grade 12 University English – 70% overall attained.Undergraduate Year One
Bachelor degree with a GPA of 2.7Postgraduate courses requiring a 2.2 undergraduate degree
Bachelor degree with a GPA of 3.0Postgraduate courses requiring a 2.1 undergraduate degree

If your qualification is not listed here please contact us for advice.

English language requirements

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

NTU Education Counsellors

We work closely with a network of representatives all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.

They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.

You'll find their details on this page.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0)115 848 8175