Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Sweden


Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Chloe Tiozzo and I’m the NTU Representative for Sweden. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help in any way I can.

If you’d like us to keep in touch with you please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Sweden so we can arrange to meet if you wish.

Useful links

European students

Our European Community

We have a thriving European community at NTU. Meet some of our European students and find out more about student life. You can also find lots of helpful advice and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Check out our European Community page.

Meet our students

Entry requirements

Your qualification You could study
Slutbetyg (Secondary School leaving certificate)

Offers for undergraduate courses are made depending on the entry criteria of your chosen course. These will be stated in UCAS Tariff points.

As a guide we would look for:

  • 136 - 128 UCAS Tariff points = Most courses passed with B and some passed with A grades on average
  • 120 – 112 points = courses passed with a mixture of C and B grades on average
  • 104 – 96 points = courses passed with a minimum average of C
  • 88 – 80 UCAS points = courses passed with a mixture of Cs and Ds
Kandidatexamen (from a recognised institution)
  • Godkänd with some marks of väl godkänd for postgraduate courses requiring 2.i.
  • Godkänd for postgraduate courses requiring 2.ii.
Masters / Magisterexamen (min 160 credits) A good grade in a Masters / Magisterexamen qualification us required for entry onto our research degrees.

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, please contact us for advice.

English language requirements

To meet the University's English language entry requirements you will need one of the following:

Students who do not meet the English language requirements may be required to take a pre-sessional English language (PEAP) course.

NTU Representatives

We work closely with NTU Education Counsellors all over the world including counsellors in education agencies, schools and colleges.

They can advise you on entry requirements, the application process and how to apply for a visa among other things.

View our NTU Education Counsellors Network.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0) 115 848 8175