NTU Africa and Middle East Network
Our network brings together NTU staff, Postgraduate Researchers (PGRs) and Postgraduate students working in the Africa and Middle East regions.
About the network
The Network is committed to advancing the university's international research agenda in Africa and the Middle East. Our primary goal is to establish new partnerships, build relationships with international collaborators, foster collaboration, and create educational opportunities. The network is dedicated to cultivating partnerships with institutions and individuals who share its commitment to support the generation of knowledge and impact.
Additionally, the network is focused on supporting early career researchers who will become future research leaders driving success and sustainability of international research initiatives.
As a network, we believe that our efforts to promote and drive international research collaboration in Africa and the Middle East will have a significant impact on the academic community. We are committed to fostering a culture of collaboration, creativity, and innovation that will help us achieve our goals and make a lasting contribution to NTU international research. NTU's University, reimagined strategy emphasizes the importance of Connecting Globally. Our aim is to foster a network that facilitates the exchange of knowledge and insights, ultimately benefiting the entire NTU community. By transcending geographical borders and boundaries, this network will play a vital role in enhancing our global connectivity.
Benefits to Staff, Students and the Research Community
- Gain access to a diverse and extensive network of researchers and institutions in Africa and the Middle East.
- Gain knowledge about the diverse and interesting research projects being conducted by NTU in Africa and the Middle East.
- Expand your knowledge and understanding of the latest research trends and best practices in Africa and the Middle East.
- Stay informed about upcoming events, lectures, and visits related to Africa and the Middle East to strengthen your knowledge and research horizons.
- Enhance your research projects through collaboration and partnership opportunities with a broader network of expertise.
- Stay up to date with potential funding opportunities and other resources such as bid-writing workshops that can support research initiatives.
- Support and mentor the next generation of research leaders through engagement activities with research students.
- Contribute to the development of a culture of collaboration, creativity, and innovation in international research.
- Expand your professional network and connect with individuals and institutions that share your research interests.
- Discover exciting opportunities for funding, placements, and other career-enhancing experiences.
- Access a wider community of networks, offering even more opportunities for collaboration and professional development.
As a member, you will receive regular news bulletins with updates, alerts about funding calls, project news and information about our events. If you are running your own event, please contact us so that we can let everyone know about it.
Our Members' Research
Our members have a wide range of research focusing on key areas. Read more about the details of our members' research.
We have a diverse committee in the Steering Group spanning Academic Schools and Professional Services at the University as per the below list:
Cato Rolea - NTU Global – Network Host
Linda Gibson – School of Social Sciences
Imad El-Anis – School of Social Sciences
Nat Golden – Research and Development Office
Elme Vivier - Nottingham Business School
Diana Frost – Nottingham Business School
Haneeq Ahmed - Centre for Student and Community Engagement
Antonio Uzal – School of Animal, Rural and Environmental Sciences
Amin Al-Habaibeh – School of Architecture Design and the Built Environment
Mazeda Hossain – The Eastern Africa Centre and School of Social Sciences