Skip to content

Visa information

You may need a visa to study at NTU. Find out which visa you need and the professional advice and support available to you on this page.

Chinese student using computer

Which visa?

You need to demonstrate that you have valid immigration permission which allows you to study at NTU.

Please note that in January 2021 the UK introduced a new points based immigration system; here is a guide for EU students on this new system and there is more advice on our Brexit web page.

Most international students studying undergraduate or postgraduate courses with us apply for a Student visa (Tier 4 visa) using a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) number which is assigned by NTU.

If you’re planning to do a course that is shorter than six months, for example our Global Summer School or some of our Pre-sessional English courses, you may have the option of applying for a short-term Student visa.

Please visit our Student Hub for all the information you need on immigration matters.

International students in classroom

CAS information

Your CAS number is a unique reference number issued by the University which acts as confirmation that you’ve been unconditionally accepted on to a course at NTU.

It contains your personal details, current passport, course of study and any payments you’ve made towards tuition fees.

Full details of how to request a CAS number for your studies, whether you’re a new or continuing student, are on the Student hub.

You need to have met all the conditions of your offer before we can provide you with a CAS number for your visa application.

International student support team

Professional support and advice

Our International Student Support Service staff are the University’s named immigration advisers, authorised to provide immigration advice to prospective students, current students and recent graduates.

The provision of immigration advice in the UK is regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and we provide our advice in accordance with their regulations.

Our team is highly trained and experienced in providing advice on Tier 4 visas and short-term study visas to students and their dependants.

We can also advise you on related immigration matters. For example, if you’d like to invite your relatives to visit, or if you’re interested in working in the UK.

We look forward to welcoming you to the University.

Still need help?

International Student Support
+44 (0)115 848 2631