What will you get out of it?
As well as the skills to become an effective leader, successful applicants will get access to valuable events and opportunities including:
- the opportunity to attend a launch and welcome event
- a full-day workshop designed to develop a sense of community, belonging, empowerment and self-worth.
- a further session to reflect on accomplishments and developments
- the opportunity to network with peers, leaders and employers as well as the provision of a skilled mentor
- an independent employability learning module.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help you stand out to employers post-graduation.
You will also receive a letter of achievement signed by the Vice-Chancellor of Nottingham Trent University acknowledging your participation in the programme.
How do I apply?
The application deadline is Monday 7 November 2022 at midnight.
Applications are welcome from second year undergraduate students from black heritage who are interested in gaining confidence and becoming resilient leaders. The selection panel will look to recruit students from each academic school.
Applicants must be available to participate between January and July.
Estimated time commitment: three hours per week.
Check out the highlights from last year's Black Leadership Programme.
Need more information?
Email the Black Leadership Programme team if you have questions or would like more information.