What is the Black Leadership Programme?
The Black Leadership Programme is your opportunity to meet like-minded people, upskill yourself and stand out from the crowd.
A collaboration between Nottingham Trent University (NTU) and Nottingham Trent Students’ Union (NTSU). The programme is designed to empower second year undergraduate students of black heritage to gain confidence and become resilient leaders through a series of interactive events and community-building activities throughout Term Two and Term Three.
What will you get out of it?
As well as the skills to become an effective leader, successful applicants will get access to valuable events and opportunities including:
- The opportunity to attend a launch and welcome event
- A full-day workshop designed to develop a sense of community, belonging, empowerment and self-worth.
- In addition, applicants will complete a further session to reflect on accomplishments and developments
- The opportunity to network with peers, leaders and employers as well as the provision of a skilled mentor
- An independent employability learning module.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help you stand out to employers’ post-graduation.
You will also receive a letter of achievement signed by the Vice-Chancellor of Nottingham Trent University acknowledging your participation in the programme.
How do I apply?
Extended deadline - applications close: 23.59 pm on Thursday 27 January 2022
Applications are welcome from second year undergraduate students from black heritage who are interested in gaining confidence and becoming resilient leaders. The selection panel will look to recruit students from each academic school.
Applicants must be available to participate between January and July.
Estimated time commitment: three hours per week.