Learn about the policies and regulations that you need to be aware of as an external examiner.
Understanding the purpose of regulations
We publish all NTU regulations in our Quality Handbook, which we update annually.
You can find policies related to assessment in Section 15.
The common assessment regulations are in:
- Section 16a for Bachelors and integrated Masters degrees.
- Section 16b for Foundation degrees.
- Section 16c for taught postgraduate degrees.
Once you've started your tenure, we'll make available to you:
- specific Academic School policies;
- professional, statutory and regulatory body regulations, and
- dispensations from the common assessment regulations.
We use external, impartial and independent expertise to ensure the standards and quality of our provision.
You can find general advice and guidance about this in the expertise section of the QAA UK Quality Code.
For further information and support about external examining, please contact CADQ by phone on +44 (0)115 848 2100, or by email at email@example.com.
You may also be interested in
Find information for external examiners about induction events run by Nottingham Trent University.
Learn about the role of an external examiner and how to ensure integrity and fairness of the University’s assessment processes.
Reporting and fees
Find resources about the external examiner online reporting system and fees.