Advanced Optics and Photonics Group
Unit(s) of assessment: General Engineering
School: School of Science and Technology
Advanced Optics and Photonics (AOP) Group focuses on the of light-matter interaction with various engineered nanoparticles. The group’s expertise lies in high-precision nano-fabrication, cutting-edge optical characterisations and advanced modelling techniques via Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning. The key research areas are:
- Functional nanomaterials: engineering arrays of resonant nanoparticles to realise miniaturised optical elements
- Nonlinear nanophotonics: all-optical conversion of light frequencies
- Bio-photonics: meta-optics for optical sensing and tissue engineering
- Low-carbon technologies: nanomaterials for energy harvesting and energy conversion.
News and views
- AOP Lab. is awarded an NTU-PU partnership grant to initiate the formal collaboration with Panjab Uni., on "Self-powered Wearable Bio-Chemical Sensors" is funded and launched! Congratulations to the team: Mohsen Rahmani and Cuifeng Ying (from NTU/AOP) and Gaurav Sapra, Ankur Gupta and Akshpreet (from PU).
- An AOP recent paper (Advanced Photonics 2, 26003, 2020) is among the Advanced Photonics 2020 Top three Downloads. Congratulations to Lei Xu.
- Mohsen Rahmani received the Outstanding Editor Award, from Opto-Electronic Advances (￥3,000 RMB)
- Mohsen Rahmani was invited to deliver a keynote presentation at 5th International Conference of Theoretical and Applied Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Niagara Falls, Canada, May 2021.
Info about news here
Find out more about the Research Group in the news section.
Example item 1
Example text here...