Advanced Optics and Photonics Group
Unit(s) of assessment: General Engineering
School: School of Science and Technology
Advanced Optics and Photonics (AOP) Group focuses on the of light-matter interaction with various engineered nanoparticles. The group’s expertise lies in high-precision nano-fabrication, cutting-edge optical characterisations and advanced modelling techniques via Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning. The key research areas are:
- Functional nanomaterials: engineering arrays of resonant nanoparticles to realise miniaturised optical elements
- Nonlinear nanophotonics: all-optical conversion of light frequencies
- Bio-photonics: meta-optics for optical sensing and tissue engineering
- Low-carbon technologies: nanomaterials for energy harvesting and energy conversion.
News and views
- Associate Prof. Rahmani received Outstanding Editor Award, from Opto-Electronic Advances (￥3,000 RMB)
- Associate Prof. Rahmani was invited to deliver a keynote presentation at 5th International Conference of Theoretical and Applied Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Niagara Falls, Canada, May 2021 (see here).