Integrated Energy Grids Laboratory (GRIDLAB)
Unit(s) of assessment: General Engineering
School: School of Science and Technology
GRIDLAB works with the focus on the whole system approach to energy and work on a broader research portfolio with the aim of clean energy systems integration into the power systems, by considering flexibility and uncertainty as key elements.
We work together to empower the Earth by reducing the carbon emissions from the energy sector to make a sustainable future for all.
We are part of the global efforts for creating a cleaner air for all.
The focus of the lab will be on the following areas:
- Integrated Energy Grids
- Energy Networks
- Power Systems and Grids Resilience
- Smart Grids, Microgrids and Nanogrids
- Distributed Energy Systems
- Vahid Vahidinasab (Leader)
- V. Vahidinasab, B. Mohammadi-Ivatloo, “Active Building Energy Systems: Operation and Control, Edited Book, Springer,” 2022.
- V. Vahidinasab, B. Mohammadi-Ivatloo, “Whole Energy Systems: Bridging the Gap via Vector-Coupling Technologies,” Edited Book, Springer, 2022.
- V. Vahidinasab, M. Habibi, “Electric Energy Storage Systems Integration in Energy Markets and Balancing Services”, Energy Storage in Energy Markets, Elsevier, 2021.
- V. Vahidinasab, et al., “Participation of Active Buildings in Peer-to-Peer and Local Transactive Energy Markets”, Springer, 2021.
- B. Wooding, V. Vahidinasab, S. Soudjani, “Operation and Control of a Population of Active Buildings at Network Level”, Active Building Energy Systems: Operation and Control, Springer, 2021.
- S. M. Hashemi, V. Vahidinasab, “Energy Management Systems for Grid-Connected and Autonomous Operation,” in Microgrids: Advances in Operation, Control, and Protection, Springer, 2020.
- V. Vahidinasab, M. Habibi, B. Mohammadi-Ivatloo, P. Taylor, “Value of a Hybrid Bridging-Operational Framework in Integrated Electricity and Gas Networks,” Applied Energy, July 2021. (IF: 9.746)
- Janusz W. Bialek, V. Vahidinasab, “Tree-Partitioning as an Emergency Measure to Contain Cascading Line Failures,” IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, May 2021. (IF: 6.663)
- S. A. Alavi, K. Mehran, V. Vahidinasab,J. P. S. Catalão, “Forecast Based Consensus Control for DC Microgrids Using Distributed Long Short-Term Memory Deep Learning Models,” IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, April 2021. (IF: 8.960)
- A. Ahmadi, M. Nabipour, B. Mohammadi-Ivatloo, V. Vahidinasab, “Ensemble Learning-based Dynamic Line Rating Forecasting under Cyberattacks,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, January 2021. (IF: 4.131)
- V. Vahidinasab, C. Ardalan, B. Mohammadi-Ivatloo, D. Giaouris, S. L. Walker, “Active Building as an Energy System: Concept, Challenges, and Outlook”, IEEE Access, Vol. 9, April 2021. (IF: 3.367)
- S. H. R. Hosseini, A. Allahham, V. Vahidinasab, S. L. Walker, P. C. Taylor, “Techno-Economic-Environmental Evaluation Framework for Integrated Gas and Electricity Distribution Networks Considering Impact of Different Storage Configurations,” International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol 125, February 2021. (IF: 4.630)
- H. Nezamabadi, V. Vahidinasab, “Microgrids Arbitrage Strategy between the Day-ahead and Transactive Energy Markets,” IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, December 2020. (IF: 7.917)
- M. Habibi, V. Vahidinasab, A. Pirayesh, M. Shafie-khah, J. P. S. Catalão, “An Enhanced Contingency-Based Model for Joint Energy and Reserve Markets Operation by Considering Wind and Energy Storage Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, July 2020. (IF: 10.215)
- M. Habibi, V. Vahidinasab, M. S. Sepasian, J. Aghaei, A. Allahham, D. Giaouris, P. C. Taylor, “Stochastic Procurement of Fast Reserve Services in Renewable Integrated Power Systems,” IEEE Access, Vol. 9, pp. 30946–30959, February 2021. (IF: 3.367)
- V. Vahidinasab, et. al., “Overview of Electric Energy Distribution Networks Expansion Planning,” Vol 18, IEEE Access, 2020. (IF: 3.37)