This subject area investigates disease processes with the aim of seeking prevention, incorporating lifestyle approaches and environmental impacts as well as therapies and utilising a wide range of methods across the span of scientific disciplines.
This Centre encompasses research in Biomedical Sciences and Allied Health and aligns with the Health and Wellbeing strategic theme here at NTU. Our research is structured around aspects of health and disease taking into account development and ageing.
Centres & Groups
This subject area encompasses a range of research practices, and is host to one Research Centre; The Centre for Health, Ageing and Understanding Disease (CHAUD)
- Cancer Biology, Immunology and Therapeutics
- Antimicrobial Resistance, Omics & Microbiota
- Diabetes, Chronic Diseases and Ageing
- Neurobiology, Toxicology and Pharmacology
- Health of the Environment
- Bioinformatics and Biomathematics
- Therapeutic and Computational Chemistry, Analysis and Imaging
NIHR, Pancreatic Cancer UK, Wellcome Trust, Sidra Medical and Research Centre, The Headcase Cancer Trust, Incyte Corporation, Roger Counter Foundation, Qatar National Research Fund, NanoString Technologies, MacroGenics, ImmuneBio International Ltd. UCB, NERC, Microsoft, UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office Zeiss, Innovate UK-KTP, The Headcase Cancer Trust