Dr. Funminiyi Olajide has a demonstrated history of technical and management knowledge of IT/IS/CS and cyber forensic investigation research in (human, society and technology), working in the IT Industry, Consultancy and University Higher Education in the UK. He has skills in Vulnerability Assessment, Information Security and Assurance, Digital Forensics Investigation, Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction, Big Data Analytics and Management, Information Systems Management, Global Business Management, Cyber Security Management, Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems.
Dr Olajide has strong educational professional certifications with a PhD. Award (Doctor of Philosophy), in Digital Forensics and Incidence Response from the University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom.
Prior to joining NTU in 2017, Dr Funminiyi Olajide was a Researcher in Digital Forensic/Incidence Response and Lecturer at the University of Portsmouth and ICP College, Portsmouth, United Kingdom. He was also an Assistant Professor in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security Management in one of the leading Universities in Africa.
Dr. Olajide's main research interests include Information Security and Assurance, Digital Forensics, Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction, Cyber Security, Information Systems, Global Business, Project Management, Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems.
Key projects include:
- Cybercrime and criminological concepts of cybercrime in business organisations
- Security management, risks control and mitigation of user input in business application
- Application analysis of user input information on Windows Computer Systems
- Cybercrime attack, detection and incidence response in new emerging trends of business application and infrastructures
- Memory forensics, mobile forensics investigations and event reconstruction of user input on business applications.
- Digital forensics investigation of large data sets of business applications, analysis and digital evidence presentation for security measures
- Developing tools, techniques, metrics and security framework for cyber security management focusing on cross-disciplinary research agenda and projects for business organisations against cyber-attacks (in collaboration with Industry).
Dr Olajide is a member of the Network Infrastructures & Emerging Technologies group and the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN)
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Doctoral School.
- Information Security and Information Systems Management
- Digital Forensics, Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction.
- Cyber Security Management and Educational Awareness of (Risk Control and Mitigation)
- Business Information System, Enterprise and Global Business Management
- Internet Fraud and Sustainability Techniques