Dr. Funminiyi Olajide has a demonstrated history of technical and management knowledge of IT/IS/CS and Cyber Forensic Investigation Research in Human, Society and Technology, with years of experience in the IT and banking industries, consultancy, and Colleges and University Higher Education in the UK. He is the Module Leader for Information Systems Management (BSc), Information Security Management (MSc), Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems (MSc), Global Business Management (MSc) and Group Design Project-Technical and Management (MSc). He has skills in:
- Vulnerability Assessment and Assurance
- Digital Forensics Investigation
- Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction
- Big Data Analytics and Management
- Cyber Security Management.
Dr. Olajide has strong educational qualifications with a PhD Award (Doctor of Philosophy), in Computer Science, with an industry-unique research focus and contribution to the world of knowledge, in Digital Forensics and Incidence Response from the University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom. In addition to the unique research contribution to industry business organisations and in completion of the key research learning aims and goals at postgraduate level, he has two Postgraduate degrees, a Masters of Science (MSc) in Forensic Information Technology from the University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinctions, from the Edge Hill University, United Kingdom.
Dr. Olajide is a (Senior Lecturer) in the department of Computing and Technology. He has supervised many Final Year Projects (FYPs) both Undergraduate and Postgraduate / Masters students in the UK and with current supervision of PhD students, in specific ‘research projects-in-progress’ in the United Kingdom.
Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Funminiyi Olajide was a Researcher in Digital Forensic / Incidence Response and a Lecturer at the University of Portsmouth and ICP College, Portsmouth, United Kingdom. He has worked in professional capacity with UK Airbus Defence Authority, and with unique research-focus, of the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI), United Kingdom. Dr. Olajide is a seasoned IT/IS analyst with 12 years of industry and professional experience in business, technical and practical knowledge of IT banking operations and management. Dr. Olajide in addition, has 14 years of professional experiences and College and University related skills in research development, training and lecturing in the United Kingdom.
Dr. Olajide also has research and teaching collaborations in progress with other universities across the globe. Dr. Olajide has written and published in some high ranking, impact factors of Journals and Conference papers, both in the United Kingdom and worldwide.
Dr. Olajide's main research interests include Information Security and Assurance, Digital Forensics, Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction, Digital Investigations, Cyber Security, Information Systems Management, Global Business Management, IS/IT Project Management, Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems.
Key projects include:
- Application analysis of user input information on Windows Computer Systems.
- Cybercrime and criminological concepts of cybercrime in business organisations.
- Security management of user input in any enterprise business application, risks, control and mitigation.
- Cybercrime attack, detection and incidence response in new emerging trends of business application and infrastructures.
- Memory forensics, mobile forensics investigations and event reconstruction of user input on business applications.
- Digital forensics investigation of large data sets of business applications, analysis and digital evidence presentation for security measures.
- Information security management and policy formulation for data privacy (Implementation of information security-related technologies, policies and practices in an organisation context).
In additions, developing tools, techniques, metrics and security framework for cyber security management, focusing on cross- and inter-disciplinary research agenda of (IT / IS / CS and project management) for business organisations against cyber attacks. This can include risks, control and mitigation processes in IT/IS, for policy and metrics formulation, for business management and with high-tech designs (in research collaboration with Industries), in the UK and other educational establishments across the globe.
Dr Funminiyi Olajide is a member of the Network Infrastructures & Cyber-Security group and the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN).
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Doctoral School.
- Committee Member, Academic Conferences and Publishing International (Responsible for organising Conferences and Cyber Expo. A reviewer for Journals and Conference Papers Publication).
- Committee Member, Infonomics Society (Responsible for organising Conferences).
- Fellow British Computer Society (FBCS-UK)
- Fellow Higher Education Academy (FHEA-UK)
- Member of the British Society of Criminology (MBSC)
- Associate Member of Forensic Science Society UK (AMFSsoc)
- Associate Member of the Certified Fraud Examiner (AMCFE)
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (MIEEE)
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology (MIET) in the United Kingdom
- Information Security and Information Systems Management.
- Digital Forensics, Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction.
- Cyber Security Management and Educational Awareness of identifying IT/IS (Risk, Control & Mitigation).
- Business Information System, Enterprise and Global Business Management.
- Internet Fraud and Sustainability Techniques.