Doctor Funminiyi Olajide is a Senior Lecturer in Information Systems and Course Manager for MSc Engineering Management at the Department of Computing and Technology, Nottingham Trent University.
Dr. Olajide is also the Module Leader for Information Systems Management (BSc), Information Security Management (MSc), Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems (MSc), Global Business Management (MSc) and Module Lecturer for Group Design Project Management (MSc). He has skills in:
- Vulnerability Assessment and Assurance
- Digital Forensics Investigation
- Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction
- Big Data Analytics and Management
- Cyber Security Management.
Dr. Olajide is a research supervisor for final year undergraduate projects (FYUPs) and postgraduate research methods (PGRMs), and with current supervision of PhD research students in specific ‘research projects-in-progress’.
Dr. Olajide is the Academic Lead and Representative, Department of Computing and Technology, School of Science and Technology, for International Teaching and Research Collaboration and External Engagement with other Universities across the globe.
Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Funminiyi Olajide was a Researcher in Digital Forensic|Incidence Response and a Lecturer at the University of Portsmouth and ICP College, Portsmouth, UK. He has worked in professional research projects with UK Airbus Defence Authority with unique research-focus of the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI), UK. Dr. Olajide is a seasoned IT|IS analyst with over a decade years of professional experiences and skills in IT/T24 Globus Banking Operations. Dr. Olajide in addition has over a decade years of experiences in University Higher Education with related skills in lecturing and research development.
Dr. Olajide has strong educational qualifications with a PhD Award (Doctor of Philosophy), in Computer Science with industry-unique research focus and contribution to the world of knowledge in Digital Forensics and Incidence Response from the University of Portsmouth, UK. In addition, he has two Postgraduate degrees, Masters of Science (MSc) in Forensic Information Technology from the University of Portsmouth, UK and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinctions, from the Edge Hill University, UK. He has a demonstrated history of practical, technical, business and project management knowledge of IT/IS/CS and Cyber Forensic Investigation Research in Human, Society and Technology.
Dr. Olajide also has research and teaching collaborations with other universities. He has written and published in some high ranking impact factors of Journals and Conference papers at both local and at international level.
Dr. Olajide's main research interests include Information Security and Assurance, Digital Forensics, Incident Response and Event Reconstruction, Digital Investigations, Cyber Security, Information Systems Management, IS Global Business Management, IS/IT Project Management, Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems.
Key projects include:
- Application analysis of user input information on Windows Computer Systems.
- Criminological concepts of cybercrime in business organisations.
- Security management of user input in enterprise business application, risks, control and mitigation.
- Cyber-attack, detection and incidence response in new emerging trends of business application and infrastructures.
- Memory forensics, mobile forensics investigations and event reconstruction of user input on business applications.
- Digital forensics investigation of large data sets in business applications, analysis and digital evidence presentation for security measures.
- ISM policy formulation for data privacy and implementation of information security in related technologies, policies and practices in an organisation context.
In additions, the research work focus on developing tools, formulation techniques and metrics for security framework and cyber security management, focusing on cross and inter-disciplinary research agenda for IT/IS/CS and project management in business organisations against cyber-attacks.
Dr Funminiyi Olajide is a member of the Network Infrastructures & Cyber-Security group and the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN).
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Doctoral School.
- Committee Member, Academic Conferences and Publishing International
- Committee Member, Infonomics Society
- Fellow British Computer Society (FBCS-UK)
- Fellow Higher Education Academy (FHEA-UK)
- Member of the British Society of Criminology (MBSC)
- Associate Member of Forensic Science Society UK (AMFSsoc)
- Associate Member of the Certified Fraud Examiner UK (AMCFE)
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers UK (MIEEE)
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology UK (MIET)
- Information Security and Information Systems Management.
- Digital Forensics, Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction.
- Cyber Security Management and Educational Awareness of IT|IS Risks, Control & Mitigation in business organisations.
- Business Information System, Enterprise and Global Business Management.
- Internet Fraud and Sustainability Techniques.