Doctor Funminiyi Olajide is a Senior Lecturer and Course Leader at the Department of Computer Science (DofCS), School of Science and Technology (SST), Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom. He is a Member, Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences (CSFS-UK), Fellow, Higher Education Academy, (FHEA-UK) and a Fellow, of the British Computer Society, (FBCS-UK), since April, 2012. He is Editor-in-Chief for International Journal of e-Healthcare Information Systems Editor–in-Chief-IJE-HIS
Dr. Olajide is also the Module Leader and lecturing Information Security Management (MSc), Computer Forensics (MSc), Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems (MSc), Cyber Security (MSc), Network Cloud Security (MSc), Technology Group Design Projects (MSc) and Global Business Management (MSc).
Dr. Olajide supervises research for BSc, final year undergraduate projects (FYUGPs), MSc, postgraduate research methods (PGRMs) and with current supervision of MBA, DBA students at Nottingham Business School. He is currently supervising PhD research students in Digital Forensics and Incident Response, Cybercrime, Enterprise and Cloud Computing Technology, in specific ‘research projects-in-progress’. He has decades years of experience in different research projects, to assist students to plan their research studies, redefine research topics, as in knowledge application to industry interest, and to identify schemes with specific tasks to relevant literatures, framework design and/or re-design, and to ensure and maintain quality standards in the research discipline.
Dr. Olajide has technical skills in computing, digital forensics investigations, cybercrime and incident response, information and cyber security, engineering systems designs and technology products management, focusing on knowledge application of:
- Digital Investigations | Computer Forensics | Mobile Forensics | Social Media Forensics | Windows Forensics | Cloud Forensics | VoIP Forensics | File Systems Forensics | Cyber Forensics | Windows Logs and AWS Security | Incident Response and Event Reconstruction.
- Enterprise Agility | Vulnerability Assessment and Assurance | e-Discovery and e-Disclosure | Cyber Security Management | SOC and Risk Classification.
- Cloud Computing | Digital Transformation | Big Data Analytics Management | Enterprise Communication Management Systems.
Dr. Olajide is the Academic Lead (International Link Coordinator/International Student Support), for the Department of Computer Science, School of Science and Technology, and Representative for External Engagement, International Teaching and Research Collaboration with other Universities across the globe.
Dr. Funminiyi Olajide is a seasoned IT|IS|CS|T24 analyst with over 30 years of professional experience, of which more than half focuses on Universities research development, teaching|lecturing and training activities, with 12 years of experience in technical, practical and business-related-T24 TEMENOS Globus Banking Operations and Consultancy Management in various IT|IS-Banking Industries. He has a demonstrated history of business technology and project management of IT|IS|CS|T24, with Cyber Forensic Investigation Research in Human, Society and Technology.
Dr. Olajide has strong educational qualifications with a PhD Award in Digital Forensics and Incident Response from the University of Portsmouth, UK. In addition, he has two Postgraduate degrees, Masters of Science (MSc) in Forensics Information Technology from the University of Portsmouth, UK and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with Distinctions from the Edge Hill University, UK.
Prior to joining NTU, Dr. Funminiyi Olajide was a Researcher in Digital Forensic | Incident Response, a Lecturer at the University of Portsmouth and ICP College (Navitas), Portsmouth, UK., just to mention a few. He has worked in professional research projects of Information Systems, Enterprise-Digital Application Analysis, Digital|SCADA Forensics and Information/Cyber Security Management of various projects focusing on research agenda of the Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI), Defence IT-UK and UK-SoC|Airbus Defence Authority, with knowledge understanding of PLC-HMI-SCADA, IoT and IIoT integration.
Dr. Olajide also has research and teaching collaborations with other universities. He has written and published in some high ranking impact factors of Journals and Conference papers at both local and at international level.
Dr. Olajide's main research interests include Digital|Computer Forensics, Incident Response and Event Reconstruction, Digital Investigations, Information Security and Assurance, Cyber Security and Information Systems Management, IS Global Business Management, IS/IT Project Management, Enterprise and Cloud Computing Systems.
Key research projects include:
- Application analysis of user input information on Windows Computer Systems.
- Criminological concepts of cybercrime in business organisations.
- Security management of user input in enterprise business application, risks, control and mitigation.
- Cyber-attack, detection and incident response in new emerging trends of business application and infrastructures.
- Memory forensics, mobile forensics investigations and event reconstruction of user input on business applications.
- Digital forensics investigation of large data sets in business applications, analysis and digital evidence presentation for security measures.
- ISM policy formulation for data privacy and implementation of information security in related technologies, policies and practices in an organisation context.
In additions, the research work focus on developing tools, formulation techniques and metrics for security framework and cyber security management, focusing on cross and inter-disciplinary research agenda for IT/IS/CS and project management in business organisations against cyber-attacks.
Dr Funminiyi Olajide is a member of the Network Infrastructures & Cyber-Security group and the Intelligent Simulation, Modelling and Networking Research Group (ISMN).
Opportunities to carry out postgraduate research towards an MPhil / PhD in the School of Science and Technology exist and further information may be obtained from the NTU Doctoral School.
- Editor-in-Chief - Please Click Editor –in-Chief-IJE-HIS/editorial-board/
- Committee Member, Academic Conferences and Publishing International
- Advisory Committee Member, Infonomics Society Organisation UK
- Fellow British Computer Society (FBCS-UK)
- Fellow Higher Education Academy (FHEA-UK)
- Member of the British Society of Criminology (MBSC)
- Associate Member of Forensic Science Society UK (AMFSsoc)
- Associate Member of the Certified Fraud Examiner UK (AMCFE)
- Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers UK (MIEEE)
- Member of the Institution of Engineering and Technology UK (MIET)
- Information Security and Information Systems Management.
- Digital Forensics, Incidence Response and Event Reconstruction.
- Cyber Security Management and Educational Awareness of IT|IS Risks, Control & Mitigation in business organisations.
- Business Information System, Enterprise and Global Business Management.
- Internet Fraud and Sustainability Techniques.