Legal Advice Centre
With more than 200 Nottingham Law School students volunteering their services in 2015/16, we’ve helped our clients recover over £450,000 in compensation. It’s a great opportunity for you to develop your professional skills, and to continue your learning beyond the classroom – a chance to put your talents to good use, and give something back. Make a difference to the lives of others, whilst gaining valuable insights into modern legal practice.
A chance to give something back
Nottingham Law School's Legal Advice Centre is located in the Chaucer building. It’s purpose-built for meeting and working with clients, with private rooms to ensure confidentiality. Supervised by qualified solicitors, you’ll provide advice and guidance on a range of legal services, including:
- employment rights
- business law
- housing, property and environmental law
- debt and welfare rights
- tribunal and court representation.
Pro bono projects
You can get involved in numerous projects during your time here at NTU, including:
- our Outreach Advice Project, currently running in Netherfield and the Nottingham Women's Centre
- representing clients in employment and social security tribunals through the London-based charity Free Representation Unit (FRU)
- being involved with the Miscarriage of Justice Project
- becoming part of our Streetlaw project or award-winning Bars in the Eyes scheme
- taking advantage of our overseas placement opportunities and scholarships
- working with Nottingham Trent Volunteering to provide pro bono services to outside organisations.
Or perhaps you have another particular interest? If so, we actively encourage our students to form and run their own projects.
Nottingham Law School was named Legal Education Provider of the Year in the Solicitors' Journal Awards 2016.
Address, contact, and location
Address: Legal Advice Centre, Nottingham Law School, Chaucer Building, Goldsmith Street, Nottingham NG1 5LP
Telephone: +44 (0)115 848 4262
Please see our Legal Advice Centre website for more information.
Legal Advice Centre
- Subject area: Law, criminology and justice
- Category: Learning tools and spaces; Law; Professional services
- Location: City Campus