Skip to content

Partnership regulation

Find out about the types of collaborations we offer, and how to request verifications, references and replacement certificates.

Partnerships and collaborations at NTU

Global conference attendees

Nottingham Trent University works in collaboration with a wide range of organisations and aims to deliver high-quality Higher Education provision.

The University’s definition of collaborations and partnerships is based on that currently used by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and is as follows:

"Educational provision leading to a University award, or to a specific credit towards a University award, delivered and / or supported and / or assessed through an arrangement will a partner organisation".

NTU engages in the following types of collaboration and partnerships.

Types of collaborations and partnerships

This describes an arrangement where a partner institution delivers its own courses to its own students at its own premises. These courses are then validated and awarded by Nottingham Trent University.

View our current Validation Service partners.

This covers franchise, joint delivery, joint/double degrees, dual degrees and joint/double MPhil/PhD awards.

View our current school-based collaborative partners.

These facilitate entry with advanced standing from another institution to a University course. Advanced standing is granted to regular cohorts of students completing a period of study on a named course at a named partner. Please contact the Collaborations and Partnerships team if you have any questions.

This describes an arrangement whereby a course is wholly delivered and assessed by the University at another organisation's premises.

Please contact the Collaborations and Partnerships team if you have any questions.

Other types of partnerships we offer include Foundation Degree Progression and School Centred Initial Teacher Training.

Information for students at a validated partner

Students of our UK validated partners can access information relevant to your studies.

As a student of an NTU validated partner you are registered with that institution and are not a student of NTU. However, certain services may be available to you from the University.

Library access

Access to NTU libraries may be available to you depending on the type of agreement between NTU and your place of study. You should check with your own institution in the first instance. Access our e-library provision

Please be aware that when using NTU's library facilities you are subject to the same regulations and procedures as any NTU student. These can be found on our library web pages.

Appeal and complaints

As a student studying at a validated centre, you are subject to all the rules and regulations of that institution.

If you wish to appeal a Board of Examiner's decision or make a complaint, you should raise it with your institution in the first instance. Most issues can be resolved in this way.

It is the responsibility of NTU to manage academic complaints made by students who have exhausted the complaints procedure of the validated centre and remain dissatisfied under its procedures.

NTU will not intervene with judgements that follow the application of a validated centre's procedures. NTU will, however, investigate the accuracy with which the validated centre has followed its procedures and if so, whether the outcome to the student may have been adversely affected.

Please contact the Collaborations and Partnerships team if you have any queries about appeals or complaints.

How to receive replacement certificates

Students who have completed an NTU validated award at one of our UK validated centres can request a replacement certificate.

The certificate issued by the University is proof of the conferment of an award. It is a unique and valuable document which should be carefully preserved. Occasionally certificates do get lost or damaged and, in these circumstances, it is possible to apply for a duplicate certificate.

If the original has been damaged or marked it will need to be returned to the University before a duplicate can be issued. Duplicates have precisely the same standing as the original that they replace. They are produced in the format currently in use and may not be a fax copy of the original.

If you studied a course with an NTU validated partner, please follow this process to apply for a replacement certificate:

  1. Visit the NTU online shop, select Academic Registry from the Product Catalogue and then select Replacement Certificate. You can then choose the delivery method, complete the online form and pay for the replacement certificate.
  2. If you studied at Southampton Institute, please also complete the SSU replacement certificate form and return it to Southampton Solent University. The Graduation Team at NTU will liaise with Southampton to ensure the form has been received before the issuing the certificate.

The cost of a replacement certificate is £50. UK addresses certificates will be sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery at an additional cost of £7. Overseas addresses certificates will be sent via DHL Courier Service at an additional cost of £20.

How to request verifications and references

Current or former students of NTU UK validated partners can request verification of studies directly from us, whereas employers seeking references must do so through the Higher Education Degree Datacheck website.


If you are a current or former student on an NTU validated course at one of our UK Validated Centres and you require your studies to be verified by Nottingham Trent University, please contact the Collaborations and Partnerships Team by email in the first instance.

Students who studied at NTU must order a verification letter via Academic Registry.


Employers or agencies requiring a reference for a candidate who studied at one of our Validated Centres should visit the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) website.

Please be aware that in compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016), no personal information will be provided without a declaration signed by the candidate giving consent to information being released.

Visit our guidance page for more information on using the Higher Education Degree Datacheck.

If you have made a submission via the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) and have an enquiry, please contact HEDD.

Get in touch

For questions and support, please contact us by email at