Annual Learning and Teaching Conference
Find out about the TILT Annual Learning and Teaching Conference (ALTC), an annual event which showcases innovative practice in learning and teaching at NTU and across the higher education sector.
What is the ALTC?
The TILT Annual Learning and Teaching Conference (ALTC) is an annual event which showcases innovative practice in learning and teaching, with each year focusing on a different theme. The ALTC offers the opportunity to meet with colleagues and participate in a dialogue that aims to advance the theories and practices of learning and teaching.
Since its inception, the ALTC has been a vibrant event with educators engaging in discussions on key, contemporary debates in Learning and Teaching in the Higher Education sector.
The ALTC is held as a conference and hosts at least one keynote speaker with an expertise in the year’s chosen Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) theme and offers a variety of sessions that delegates can select according to their interests. The ALTC aims to be a friendly and inclusive space where ideas can be shared, discussed and challenged in an effort to enhance the theories and practices of learning and teaching.
Previous ALTC session highlights have included:
- An engaging session by Dr. David Hindley on how to use blogging as an assessment practice tool. Browse David’s Edublog. This session challenged the orthodoxy of traditional assessments, encouraging academics to take risks and to bring experimentation to bear on assessment practices.
- James Leinster explored: ‘Taking students on a journey: Visualising the lesson plan to follow’, central to which were creative methods expertly deployed to enhance student engagement and tools academics could use to develop their practice.
- ‘Getting started with publishing about learning and teaching practice’ by Professor Sally Brown.
As the core mission of TILT is to support excellence in learning and teaching by promoting innovative learning and teaching practice(s) at NTU and in the sector, the ALTC offers the perfect opportunity to achieve these goals by bringing together colleagues who are passionate about ‘making learning better.’
TILT Annual Learning and Teaching Conference (ALTC)
This year's conference will take place on Tuesday 20th June 2023 on the Clifton Campus. The conference theme is ‘Assessment – The Big Questions’. We will cover:
- Authentic assessment and inclusivity in assessment to develop student capabilities as a whole.
- De-risking Assessment.
- Your big questions around assessment.
Access previous conference information in Sharepoint (NTU Staff/Student log-in required).
If you'd like more information about the Annual Learning and Teaching Conference, please get in touch by phone on +44(0)115 848 2100, or by email at email@example.com.
You may also be interested in
Find out about the Trent Institute for Learning and Teaching (TILT) an initiative to support excellence in learning and teaching at NTU.
Find out how we're building our online community through TILTOnline and growing Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at NTU.
TILT Practice and Scholarship Groups
Find out about the goals of TILT Practice and Scholarship Groups, which are improving learning and teaching across NTU.
Scholarship Projects for Undergraduate Researchers (SPUR)
Learn about SPUR, our funded scheme offering NTU students a taste of collaborative academic research.
Find out about our TILT Seedcorn Fund – a funding scheme for projects with potential to grow and impact learning and teaching at NTU.