Skip to content

Information and entry requirements for students from Hong Kong

Interested in studying at Nottingham Trent University (NTU)? On this page, we’ve included everything you’ll need to know – meet NTU’s Representative for Hong Kong, learn about our entry requirements, and get a taste of what it’s like to live and learn in Nottingham.

Dave Berry

Welcome to NTU

Hello, my name’s Dave Berry and I'm the NTU Representative for Hong Kong. I’m delighted you’re considering studying with us and if you have any questions I’ll be happy to help. I visit Hong Kong a lot and love meeting new students and families personally to give advice and guidance.

If you’d like us to keep in touch please register with us and we’ll send you updates on what’s happening at the University. We’ll also let you know if I’m visiting Hong Kong so we can arrange to meet if you wish – or you can contact me directly.

I feel at home in Nottingham – you can make friends really easily here and the Chinese Society really helps with that. I feel more confident here than I did in Hong Kong because you have to be more independent when you study.

Rebecca Chiu, Hong Kong, BA (Hons) Business Management and Operations.

Meet our students

IDO team

Unifest Hong Kong

Join Dave Berry the International Representative for Hong Kong at UK UniFest. This week will have guidance workshops, academic taster sessions and one-to-one appointments to enable you to find out all you need to know about studying in the UK.

Appointments with Dave are available between 12:30 and 14:00 UK time (19:30 – 21:00 Hong Kong time) from Monday 14 - Friday18 September 2020.

Please contact to arrange your chat via Microsoft Teams.

Entry requirements

Your qualificationYou could study
Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE)

Considered for Year One entry to bachelors degrees at NTU based on UCAS Tariff points where:

  • 5** = 56 points
  • 5* = 52 points
  • 5 = 48 points
  • 4 = 32 points
  • 3 = 16 points
  • 2 = 0 points
  • 1 = 0 points.

Please note different UCAS Tariff point allocation for Mathematics

Compulsory Mathematics

  • 5** = 28 points
  • 5* = 26 points
  • 5 = 24 points
  • 4 = 16 points
  • 3 = 8 points
  • 2 = 0 points
  • 1 = 0 points

Extended Mathematics

  • 5** = 28 points
  • 5* = 26 points
  • 5 = 24 points
  • 4 = 16 points
  • 3 = 8 points
  • 2 = 0 points
  • 1 = 0 points

Please see individual course information for UCAS Tariff point and subject specific entry requirements

A maximum of five HKDSE subjects will be considered

International Baccalaureate Diploma

Considered for Year One entry to Bachelors degrees.

See our International Baccalaureate Diploma entry requirements

Higher Diploma or Associate DegreeYear Two or final year entry to bachelors degrees

Bachelors degree

Second-class honours

Masters degrees
Masters degreePostgraduate research

English language entry requirements

We accept the following qualifications from Hong Kong in place of IELTS:

  • Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) English: Grade 4 = IELTS 6.0 or 6.5 ; Grade 5 = IELTS 7.0
  • AS-level [HKEAA] Use of English: Grade E
  • Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) English: Grade C or Level 4.

If you have questions about your qualification and it is not listed here, contact us for advice.

Still need help?

International Development Office
+44 (0) 115 848 8175